Complaint Review: Motorcycle Rider Education

• Submitted: Sun, January 09, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, January 11, 2011

• Reported By: Wayne D. Roten — Agoura Hills California United States of America
Motorcycle Rider Education
P.O. Box 1320 Internet United States of America

Motorcycle Rider Education MRE I lost $500. Only to be yelled at, instead of encouraged. They said I didn't follow instructions. With a helmet and motorcycles blaring, I couldn't hear a thing. They show favoritism and you are consi , Internet

*Author of original report: TO "ROBERT" OF IRVINE

*Consumer Comment: You wrote

*Consumer Comment: The real story starts to come out.

*Author of original report: Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: Sympathetic?

AFTER PAYING 250.00 AND WALKING ONTO THE MOTORCYCLE TEACHING YARD, I WAS GREETED BY A MALE CAUCASIAN, MOUSTACHE, 5'6" WHO STATED, "YOU HAVE THE WRONG HELMET !! IT WAS A DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION APPROVED HELMET. NOT "HI...COULD YOU WEAR ONE OF OUR HELMETS?" I FELT IMMEDIATELY PUT DOWN, ALTHOUGH, I DID NOTHING WRONG. I PASSED THE 2ND TEST, BUT FAILED THE FINAL. I WAS TOLD TO SWITCH TO CAMARILLO, WHICH I HOPED WOULD BE DIFFERENT, WHEN IN FACT IT WAS WORSE.

ONE OF THE INSTRUCTORS THERE NAMED MARK, WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO MAKE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL. BOTH MY PARENTS HAD DIED WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF EACH OTHER. YOU THINK HE WOULD BE SYMPATHETIC. I HAD TO RETURN WHERE I RECEIVED MORE ABUSE. HE NEVER ONCE GAVE ME A KIND WORD. BECAUSE THE CLASSES WERE CONSTANTLY FILLED UP, I HAD TO PAY ANOTHER $250.00. I NEVER EVEN MADE IT THROUGH THE DAY, AS MARK STATED THAT I WASN'T FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS. $250.00 JUST LIKE THAT, DOWN THE TUBES. I COULD BARELY HEAR HIM BECAUSE OF THE HELMET AND DISTANCE FROM HIM. I CAN TAKE CRITICISM, BUT HAVING BEEN IN CHARGE OF 150 PEOPLE, I FOUND YOU GET MUCH BETTER RESULTS FROM PEOPLE BY BEING KIND AND TREATING THEM AS AN EQUAL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2011 04:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motorcycle-Rider-Education/internet/Motorcycle-Rider-Education-MRE-I-lost-500-Only-to-be-yelled-at-instead-of-encouraged-T-680710. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motorcycle Rider Education

TO "ROBERT" OF IRVINE

AUTHOR: Wayne D. Roten - (United States of America)

WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN TO YOU, SO YOUR REBUTTAL IS BASED ON WHAT? I TOOK THE COURSE IN ORDER TO GET MY LICENSE. I HAVE A PERMIT AT THE PRESENT TIME AND WANT TO GET MY LICENSE THROUGH THE CLASS.

YOUR OBVIOUSLY IMMATURE. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT FROM YOUR REBUTTAL...A GOLD STAR?

YOU HAVE WAY TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS ROBERT TO GET INVOLVED IN MY LIFE. SO....GET A LIFE.

I'VE MOVED ON. I SUGGEST YOU DO THE SAME.

You wrote

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Assuming that's true, WHY IN THE HELL DID YOU TAKE A COURSE IN Motorcycling,

Your story doesnt make sense.

The real story starts to come out.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Okay based on your last comment you are an experienced rider who for some reason "decided"(perhaps by court order?) to attend a Motorcycle training course. Since you feel you were already experienced you thought yourself as "EQUAL" to the instructors.

Perhapsyouare that good that is why you were asked to leave after an hour and you arejust upset at the agency that required you to take this class and pay $250 for the class. Or perhaps you are not that good, didn't want to listen and was told to leaveso you didn't meet the class"requirement" and now must take it again.

Am I close..I would bet I am.

YOU THINK HE WOULD BE SYMPATHETIC

- By the way this does infer that you were looking for sympathy.

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Wayne D. Roten - (United States of America)

Were you at this particular event? How would you know what kind of helmet I had?

Regarding my parents passing away, I didn't expect sympathy. But it would have been nice to hear, "Sorry to hear about your parents."

I wasn't looking for a "handout." Just a fair shake. After paying $250. twice, I was told to go home after one hour. Hardly worth the money.

As far as my riding skills, I ride a cruiser and have never had an incident. I even had a policeman tell me I was a good rider. I was driving up to the Rock Store and there was an accident right near the hair pin curve. I had two seconds to stop, which I did and the officer complimented me on my reaction.

The particular coach I had, seems to be a nice person. I just wish I could have received a little more encouragement as opposed to pointing out my mistakes. It takes it toll and you lose all confidence.

Sympathetic?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Yes you had the wrong helmet.

YOU THINK HE WOULD BE SYMPATHETIC.

- Exactly what did you want him to do? You are driving around on a piece of moving equipment that can KILL someone if you are not doing something right. Amotorcycle does not care if your parents died two weeks apart, two days before or two minutes before. Sorry but they don't. Perhaps if you think you should have gotten sympathy about your parents, going to a Motorcycle training course may not have been the best choice.

If you had to go to two different classes at two different locations, and had similar experiences. Perhaps it wasn't the instructors.