Complaint Review: Motorsports Auto Group

• Updated: Sun, June 08, 2014

• Reported By: Yev — San Ramon California
Motorsports Auto Group
4824 Alt 19 Palm Harbor, Florida USA

Motorsports Auto Group Brian Dreggors Sold junk car on eBay as A+ condition. Major frame damage. Other major issues. Palm Harbor Florida

*UPDATE Employee: Vehicle was inspected and sold AS-IS

*Consumer Comment: STUPID!

*Author of original report: Motorsports Auto Group Brian Dreggors Sold junk car on eBay as A+ condition. Major frame damage. Other major issues.

On April 19th 2014 I won eBay auction listed by Mr.Dreggors (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sport-60th-Anniversary-5-SPD-Hardtop-Clean-CARFAX-CD-Cruise-A-C-Tilt-A-/151277789404?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=qitOVAmckGFXNtekrsjP%252FMhM%252B0w%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc)

The auction final price was $9299.00 Vehicle was listed in great condition in and out (as it stated multiple times through the listing).

After writing emails and notifying Mr.Dreggors that I am looking for a first car for my 17yo daughter he assured me that she will love the car (via email) and that it's going to work for her just fine.

I paid Mr.Dreggors within few days after auction ended via Wells Fargo bank using their direct transfer services. Mr. Dreggors got funds right away.

After approx. [continued below]....

..... 1 week he dropped off 2001 Jeep Wrangler at DAS Auto Shipping company in Florida.

I got the car 1 month later due to issues with shipping company. When I received car I did visual inspection and found major problems that were not disclosed during auction.

List of issues that were not disclosed to me:

1. Complete frame damage by rust (fist size holes). Frame cannot be fixed. Need to be replaced.

Car does not pass safe inspection nor smog check.

I inspected car title and found out that the car previously was donated to Vietnam Veterans of America organization.

I contacted them and got confirmation that previous owner donated car. This was obvious that the previous owner donated the car because the damages were so major that it would cost a lot of money to fix it and would not make sense.

I contacted Mr.Dreggors and explained situation. I was asked to provide photos of the damages for review.

I provided images and videos via email. Here is link with images and videos - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9sIBcoTmERkOGIxWVVTUUFFUkE&usp=sharing

After I shared this info I was trying to contact seller (Mr.Dreggors) and he stopped answering my phone calls.

I contacted eBay and was advised to contact Florida DOT or DMV

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/08/2014 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Motorsports-Auto-Group/Palm-Harbor-Florida-34683/Motorsports-Auto-Group-Brian-Dreggors-Sold-junk-car-on-eBay-as-A-condition-Major-frame-1153154. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Motorsports Auto Group

Vehicle was inspected and sold AS-IS

AUTHOR: Brian - ()

First, I spoke with Mr. Kryukov on Thursday/Friday (6-5/6-14) and told him I had not yet reveiwed what he sent me along with getting with the owner of out company as well. He told me, "take your time." I notified him Monday I wouldn't be able to speak with the owner directly about this matter under this Wednesday (6/11), during which time Mr. Kryukov chose to post complaints and leave negative feedback before I could even give him our response.

In light of this, the facts remain:

• This is a 13 year-old Jeep - an off-road 4x4 vehicle - not a brand-new car.

• It was obtained by us through a Manheim auction where it was represented as in 'CLEAN/RUNS/DRIVES' condition.

• It was inspected and serviced by an ASE-certified auto repair facility in Tarpon Springs, FL.

• It was reconditioned to the tune of over $400 before being offered for sale on our front line.

• It was listed on eBay as a no-reserve/high-bid-wins auction.

• The listing contained 60+ unaltered photos of the vehicle.

• We allow independent 3rd party inspections of all kinds on any vehicle in our inventory; this one was no exception and it is even stated in the listing.

• This Jeep was won and purchased by Mr. Kryukov AS-IS with no guarantees expressed or implied. We have signed documents attesting to this acknowledgement.

• It was delivered by means of driving 40+ miles to his designated shipping depot in South Tampa with no issue.

• It was inspected again there by a depot representative

• It was in transit for (according to Mr. Kryukov) +/-30 days in unaccounted conditions and possession.

I would like to reiterate the fact that Mr. Kryukov carrier of choice (DAS Auto Shippers) took +/-30 days to deliver the vehicle, during which time an unknown number of individuals had access to the vehicle. Its certainly possible that the loading/unloading and securing/unsecuring of the vehicle to multiple transports could have inflicted, exacerbated, or otherwise made worse any existing conditions. I can certainly say with no doubt that the Jeep in question did NOT arrive at the drop-off depot in Tampa with part of the underpinnings hanging down. There was also not a large crack on the driver's interior door panel as shown in one of Mr. Kryukov's photos. The small tear in the driver's seat side material and manufacturing holes in the removable hardtop structure are visable in our listing photos.

Mr. Kryukov should also take note the CARFAX that shows that this Jeep was originally owned and registered in Massachusetts, a state that requires annual vehicle inspections. A failure for any reason would be noted in the CARFAX; not once did it fail. In fact, this Jeep passed every single year until the owner moved down to Florida.

Mr. Kryukov's personal assertion that the vehicle was donated to Vietnam Veterans of America because of its existing problems is specious and is conjecture. Vehicles are donated for a variety of reasons and neither we nor he can say with certainty why this vehicles was donated. The overall condition of the vehicle - with clean fabric and matching like-new tires - is not of one in neglect nor is it distressed inventory.

Mr. Kryukov has possession and title for this vehicle. He cannot simply return a vehicle, especially one that has been purchased AS-IS, and one that was not maliciously misrepresented and one that performed, ran, shifted, and drove well all the way to point of delivery to his originating shipping depot. We also cannot reimburse him for his fluctuating cost of shipping, which he first mentioned was "around $1000-1200" and now claims is $2000.

STUPID!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You sent your money off to somebody you don't know to buy a USED CAR you've never seen or checked out.  That's right...throw COMMON SENSE out the window all for a stupid car.

Quickly get some professional help!

AUTHOR: ykryukov - ()

On April 19th 2014 I won eBay auction listed by Mr.Dreggors

ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrangler-Sport-60th-Anniversary-/151277789404

After approx. 1 week he dropped off 2001 Jeep Wrangler at DAS Auto Shipping company in Florida.

Car does not pass safe inspection nor smog check.

I provided images and videos via email. Here is link with images and videos - drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9sIBcoTmERkOGIxWVVTUUFFUkE&usp=sharing

AUTHOR: ykryukov - ()

On April 19th 2014 I won eBay auction listed by Mr.Dreggors (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sport-60th-Anniversary-5-SPD-Hardtop-Clean-CARFAX-CD-Cruise-A-C-Tilt-A/151277789404ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=qitOVAmckGFXNtekrsjP%252FMhM%252B0w%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc)

Car does not pass safe inspection nor smog check.

Here are some videos I took:

I provided images and videos via email. Here is link with images and videos - https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9sIBcoTmERkOGIxWVVTUUFFUkE&usp=sharing