Complaint Review: Mountain America Credit Union

• Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Shannon — Tooele Utah United States of America
Mountain America Credit Union
1475 N Main St Tooele, Utah United States of America

Mountain America Credit Union West Lake Inc. West Lake Pizza Inc. Domino's NSF Payroll bank doesn't honor 2 party checks Tooele, Utah

For the past few months my son and daughter in law have been giving me their payroll checks to deposit into my account at USAA because we both bank with USAA . Because there are no physical USAA branches where we live, I use mobil banking, they are not able too, so I deposit the check and then transfered the amount to their account.

That is, until their last paychecks. As usual, they signed the checks for deposit only and I moble deposited them into my account. A week later they have come back as insufficient funds. My son and his daughter went to the bank (Mountain America Credit Union) who issued the check from West Lake Pizza, Inc. /Domino's business account. Neither my son or daughter in law have an account with MACU and did not know they could take their checks into the credit union to cash them. MACU says that they refused to honor the checks because it was a two party check and would not be able to give them the funds until they were supplied proof of non payment.

Evidently the credit unions have made it a policy to not accept two party checks. Here's the problem, my bank accepted the check, we were not trying to deposit the checks into a credit union, muchless MACU. Once my bank accepted the checks it became a bank requesting the funds from the credit union.

MACU requested a copy of the returned check before they would re-issue the funds. I supplied them with a copy of the returned checks stamped NSF and instead of giving the funds over, they are saying it is a process and is going to take time. Mean while I am in the negative of almost $500 and can not pay my bills. They are saying I became responsible for the checks once I deposited them into my account because it is a two party check. How are they NOT responsible for a check they issued from a business account they have?

Beware to anyone considering using a Credit Union, especially Mountain America

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2013 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mountain-America-Credit-Union/Tooele-Utah-84074/Mountain-America-Credit-Union-West-Lake-Inc-West-Lake-Pizza-Inc-Dominos-NSF-Payroll-ban-1012423. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mountain America Credit Union