Complaint Review: Mountain Area Communications

• Submitted: Wed, December 08, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, December 08, 2010

• Reported By: Mike — Southampton Pennsylvania Virgin Islands (US)
Mountain Area Communications
PO Box 25 Russellvile, Tennessee United States of America

Mountain Area Communications Fraud/Scammers Russellvile, Tennessee

This company has repeatedly called me numerous of times and tried to give me a $1,000.00 gift certificate. When, they called me for so much I decided to answer and hear what they had to say.

They told me that I was preselected to win a $1,000.00 gift certificate by Visa. Since, I am a college student and don't make much off my job salary I told them that I am interested in the gift certificate. They began telling me in order to except the gift certificate I would have to let them provide me their magazine service.

I asked them how much is the service was and they told me it is only $39.95 per month. I then told them I am not interested in paying that much for the magazines. They then told me that they would lower the cost of the service for me and have me pay $12.95 per month.

I figured that paying $12.95 per month is not too much of an issue so, I told them fine. I made the mistake by giving them my checking account number and they took me through a voice recording process. During the voice recording process, the person on the other side of the phone, pressured me and demanded that I say certain things based on the service.

We both hung up the phone when the voice recording was complete. After when I hung up, I felt uneasy and knew that their was something wrong with this situation. I then looked their company up on the internet and found a lot of complaints toward how the scammed their consumers in purchasing service.

In addition, I saw that all the complaints were the same situation I just had with them. I had also, found out that the $1,000.00 gift certificate is a fraud because the certificate is only usable to one website that sells nothing but cheap junk.

Also, the gift certificate expires to a within a couple of months. When I received the first mail by them, I looked at the gift certificate and it was not very well professional like. It was a pink piece of paper with a small border in the middle of the paper and it was enclosed by a small faded image and a signature line.

In addition, I did not use the gift certificate that they have given me. I also refused to sign any of the papers they have sent me. I called them up to cancel my account with them and Mountain Area Communications told me that I can't cancel the account due to the voice recording process. I hung up the phone and went over to my bank and cancel my checking account.

After when I have done that, Mountain Area Communication kept calling me and leaving me voice mails about not receiving any money from me. They also sent me bills regarding the magazine service. I typed a letter telling them that I have tried to canceling my account with them and that I did not sign any contract with them to have them legally take money out of my checking account.

Till this day they still persist to get money from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2010 08:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mountain-Area-Communications/Russellvile-Tennessee-37860-9416/Mountain-Area-Communications-FraudScammers-Russellvile-Tennessee-669631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mountain Area Communications