Complaint Review: Mountain Area Communications

• Reported By: clocasio — Huntersville North Carolina United States of America
Mountain Area Communications
Sneedville, Tennessee United States of America

Mountain Area Communications HANG UP WHEN THEY CALL YOU Sneedville , Tennessee

Ok....I knew better than to even talk to these poeple but she sounded so nice I didn't want to be rude. She caught me on a Friday & close to the Holidays with a call that I had won a $1000 shopping spree from my credit card company. SHe needed my card to verify that card had entered me for this for being in good standing with them/valued customer. Like an idiot I gave her my bank card number & she that wasn't it....something wasn't going through on her end. I NEVER aggreed to anything on Friday. I woke up MOnday morning with a 49.90 pending charge on my account. She called me on Monday further explaining the magizine offering with the $1000 shopping spree. Ok..I'm unemployed from work & needed something like this for Christmas...I have 3 kids. I'm mad at myself for being so gulable. I knew in the back of my mind this was a total scam but was hoping this gidt certificate would comein handy.

Ok...I ended up paying over $200 for magizine subscription that I dont even need or read. I got the gift certificate today & it's all JUNK they offer. If you pick a bracelet you have to pay $8.99 s/h + $5 processing fee. IF you pick a jacket (that's garbage anyway) it's 24.99 s/h. You still get charged really whatever the value of these product are. They mark the retail value up anyway to make it look like you are getting adeal....There was not 1 item I would spend money on this website...selectyourgifts.com.

THey only offer about 50 or so items,......PLEASE people do not fall for this. IF it sounds too good to be true then it is..I did try to cancel this magizine subcription after I realized what I had done & they wanted to charge me over $100 to cancel. THey tell you they pay for the magizines in advnace & you are paying them back.

This is such a RIP OFF!!!!! My stupidity so dont fall for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2011 11:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mountain-Area-Communications/Sneedville-Tennessee-/Mountain-Area-Communications-HANG-UP-WHEN-THEY-CALL-YOU-Sneedville-Tennessee-800127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mountain Area Communications