Complaint Review: Mountain View Animal Emergency

• Updated: Sat, June 09, 2012

• Reported By: thedocj — Gerrardstown West Virginia United States of America
Mountain View Animal Emergency
18501-A Maugans Ave Internet United States of America

Mountain View Animal Emergency Greedy, Dishonest, Incompetent, Veternarian, Dog, Inhumane, Animal , Arrogant Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Mountain View Animal Emergency

I am a physician - oncologist and I took my dog who was bleeding to this place. The Vet at the emergency room was young short female vet who appeared to me to be arrogant and had a severe attitude problem.  She was unable to stop the blood and didn't have a clue on how to stop it. I then suggested that they start an  IV and prepare to type and cross for a blood match. The Vet then  left came back and said they had started an IV. She then started giving me a litany of proposed tests that as a Professional I know werent pertinant to this situation yet would cost thousands (which was later confirmed by two other Vets). Her body language didnt seem right, so I walked toward the door where my dog was and a red headed tech yelled "I wasnt allowed to see MY DOG". I went back there anyways..My dogs was still bleeding , having seizures on the floor as they were talking and laughing about someones birthday AND they had NEVER started the IV. It was incredible....My opinion is there is a competency issue, a compassion issue, and a greed issue with this place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/26/2012 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mountain-View-Animal-Emergency/internet/Mountain-View-Animal-Emergency-Greedy-Dishonest-Incompetent-Veternarian-Dog-Inhuman-888769. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mountain View Animal Emergency

Mountain View Animal Emergency

AUTHOR: Mountain View Animal Emergency - (United States of America)

As an emergency hospital that goes out of our way to provide the best service to both pets and clients (no matter how emotional, stressed, or upset they are), we were dismayed to read the untruths in the description posted above.  We hope readers of this review will permit us an opportunity to refute this reviewers wholly untruthful statements about the nature of our services.
  • While receiving emergency care at our facility, this patient was never on the floor.  Rather, she was either on our rolling transportation table or our medical imaging table from the moment she was wheeled in from the parking lot to the moment she was wheeled back out to the vehicle for departure.
  • This patient never had a seizure while at our facility.
  • The reviewer was, in fact, twice permitted to visit the patient in the treatment area and was never told that he couldnt visit, only that we needed to check with the doctor first. We welcome clients to visit with their pets when they are hospitalized, and all of our clients have understood completely our need to be sure radiographs, anesthesia, or other sensitive procedures arent ongoing before allowing a visitor into our treatment area.  In this specific instance, after our staff performed the requested xrays and bloodwork, the reviewer was offered the option of moving the patient back to the examination room where they could be together, but he declined.
  • We placed the patients IV catheter while she was in the exam room with her owners wife (at the owners request; he preferred her to stay in the exam room at that time); later, while the dog was in our treatment area, she received a 500ml bolus of Plasmalyte A (a crystalloid IV fluid) and then was started on an automatic IV fluid pump at a rate of 100ml/hour.  The owner and his wife observed their dog receiving oxygen and IV fluids during their visit to the treatment area.
  • Finally, despite the fact that this reviewer was verbally abusive and physically intimidating to our staff, we performed our services to the best of our ability for him and the patient.

We want the best for all our clients and their pets, and we work hard to do right by them.  Its truly a shame to think that anyone reading this persons untruthful post might think otherwise, but we also know that Internet readers these days understand that not everything on the Internet is true.  We have seen thousands of clients before this person came along, and we will continue to provide excellent medicine and great client service to thousands more for years to come.