Complaint Review: Mountain View Pest Control

• Submitted: Wed, August 01, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, August 01, 2012

• Reported By: desertrat — Paradise Valley Arizona United States of America
Mountain View Pest Control

Mountain View Pest Control Gary McDermott Unsatisfactory service, bully, will not take calls and charged 3x compare to similar services Internet

I had a bee infestation, I called the company out of the web. Two young guys arrived at the scene, very non service like. They did a quick spray on the bees and pulled an invoice for $295.00. The price was not mentioned to me prior to the service, otherwise I would have refused the service. I contested the price telling them that, they never quoted me the price, and that the going rate for that kind of service is between $120-$150. They got a bit aggressive, I paid under duress.

The reason for my call in the first place was due to tree service guys working in the front and they got stung by the bees. The tree guy told that not long ago he had problems with bees in his house. He called a bee removal, they sprayed and took the hive away, and foam the area all for $110.00

After several calls I briefly spoke to the owner and complaint about his fees, he was like a bully, he did not care, and told me thats the way it is. He quickly hang up the phone.

No sooner that the pest control guys left, the entire front of my house was infested by bees. I got stung three times, once in my eye, and it hurts. I called the office several times, left messages, no one responded. I found the mobile number and one of the young guys answered, I told them that myself and the landscape guys we were all stung by bees and there is a big infestation. His response was if I turn around you will have to pay me another $295.00.

I tried to reason with the owner, left him messages and called several times, no response. This guy is a total crook, charges three times the regular rate, does a half a*s job, does not discloses the charges and just pulls an invoice. This company should be put on watch list as they deal like the mafia.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 07:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mountain-View-Pest-Control/internet/Mountain-View-Pest-Control-Gary-McDermott-Unsatisfactory-service-bully-will-not-take-cal-921176. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mountain View Pest Control