Complaint Review: Movado Group

• Reported By: louvrr — Verona New Jersey United States of America
Movado Group
650 From Road Paramus, New Jersey United States of America

Movado Group Repair Scam? Paramus, New Jersey

I bought an Ebel watch from the Movado Group company store in August 2007.  After one year the watch began "skipping" and the Movado service center replaced the battery under warranty.  When it began skipping in December 2011, I again brought it to the Movado service center in Paramus, NJ knowing it most likely needed a new battery.  About a week later, I received a written repair estimate from Movado indicating that the battery tested OK, but that the entire movement needed to be replaced at the cost of $282.48.  Rather than authorize the repair, I called to question the repair and was immediately offered a 20% discount.  This made me even more suspicious and I insisted that the watch be re-evaluated.  Finally in January 2012, I was notified that my watch was ready and indeed it only needed a new battery.  After returning to Paramus to pickup my watch, I asked to speak the head of customer service to express my dissatisfaction with the apparent "bogus" estimate.  I was outraged to hear from the representative that Movado likes to replace watch movements every 3 to 4 years (the company receptionist interrupted him to state every 5 to 8 years) as a precautionary measure against wear and tear.

As I explained to the customer service rep, don't you think it should be the customer who should be given that option and not for Movado to make that discretionary decision at the customer's expense?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2012 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movado-Group/Paramus-New-Jersey-07652/Movado-Group-Repair-Scam-Paramus-New-Jersey-825078. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movado Group