Complaint Review: Movado

• Phone: 800-810-2311
  • Web:
  • Category: Jewelers

Movado Ripoff, repair scam Moonachie, New Jersey

I bought a Movado 800series watch from the Movado company because I like the all stainless steel look. I had it for a few years (about three) when I was on the deck of a restaurant smoking a cigar when the watch just fell off my wrist. I have had problems in the past with the links coming loose but never this one. I sent it into Movado for service only to be told that I needed to purchase an entirely new bracelet for my watch and they wanted to charge me $352.50. I was sure that there was a mistake because it was only one link, the rest of the bracelet was in great shape.

I called the service department only to be told that the part that came off could not be replaced. $352.50 was what I needed to pay they told me. I asked if they could replace the side of the band that the part came off of and leave the other half because the band was in such good shape and charge me only for that half but he said that the company did not work that way. He said that I would have to replace the entire bracelet or nothing. WHAT A RIPOFF. I told him that I was upset about this and then he, Gary, said he would give me 30% off. This is when I started to smell something funny about all of this.

I asked them to send my watch back to me without fixing it. To tell you the truth, it is not all about the money. It's really because if I allowed them to take advantage of me like this then every time I would look at this watch I would remember the awful way Movado does business and it would ruin my day. I have three Movado watches and I will not be wearing any of them ever again. What a shame.

I really didn't think I would run into this trouble with a watch. I have had my Tag and Bulova and others with no problems, just this Movado.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2012 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movado/Moonachie-New-Jersey-07074/Movado-Ripoff-repair-scam-Moonachie-New-Jersey-955862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movado