Complaint Review: MoveCorp Ltd UK

• Submitted: Thu, September 01, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, October 18, 2011

• Reported By: Julie — Vienna Nationwide Austria
MoveCorp Ltd UK
Unit 1 Norton Work Lynn Lane Shenstone Internet WS Nationwide United States of America

MoveCorp Ltd UK No words to describe my experience with them. Got my goods then would not release them until I paid more than double their quote! Vienna, Nationwide

*Consumer Comment: Please contact Watchdog

Horrible experience from beginning to end. May 2011, I have ordered, payed and they collected end of July, about 2 months after order, although they stayed good will be collected up to 14 days after payment.
I had to chase them for an arrival date of my goods, although they stayed that goods should arrive 7 to 14 days after collection. No answer from Lauren Clohessy. At one point got told that my goods would arrive at destination port and would be cleared and sent to me. At one point I got a phone call from the delivering crew saying they were in the street about to deliver. No news from the management before.
At the end of August my goods were supposed to arrive and I got  a phone call from Lauren telling me they will not deliver until I pay 500 euros extra because their too big truck is not able to deliver in my street. They never checked it. I got told by the delivering crew that all my furniture were actually already in small truck when they left England. [continued below]....
..... I checked with Movecorp that the additional payment was legitimate and they didn't know! I finally found out that their big truck could easily fit into my street, no need for 500 euros extra smaller truck. When delivery turned up - and several weeks after it had been promised - they had completely messed up, i actually have in my living room boxes which are not mine and mine are missing, they would not care at all.  Most of my furniture
that arrived was damaged, scratched, gouged, broken beyond repair.

I would never ever recommend or use this firm again. They are very expensive, very aggressive in their dealings with clients and totally unprofessional. And this nothing compared to what I could say about them.

And just to give you an idea : here is an nice answer from Lauren in an email exchange :

"Hi Julie,  They are actually charging 500 euros Im afraid. Not 399 as announced. This is payable to the agents delivering (ton and country) not to movecorp.

And You are free to arrange your own
tranship as this will be cheaper.

Kind Regards

Lauren Clohessy"

Hahaha Thank you Lauren, if I would have liked to move my furniture myself, I would not have paid you !!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 05:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MoveCorp-Ltd-UK/nationwide/MoveCorp-Ltd-UK-No-words-to-describe-my-experience-with-them-Got-my-goods-then-would-not-771755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MoveCorp Ltd UK

Please contact Watchdog

AUTHOR: Emma&amp Gino - (United Kingdom)

We are victims ourselves and we have submitted our story to watchdog http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/
Please send yours as well and we might get more attention!