Complaint Review: MoveCorp

• Submitted: Fri, April 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, April 27, 2012

• Reported By: Ms B — Cumbria Other United Kingdom

MoveCorp Avoid using this company, based in Birmingham, Internet

I called on Move Corp to transport my personal possessions from the South of France to North-East England. Their original quote of 200 sounded reasonable and I measured the 1.4 cubic meters carefully. Initial contacts with them were good. Like another reviewer, there was not enough discussion as to whether the Movecorp van could make it to the gate of my property for pick-up. Luckily I offered to meet the large articulated lorry at a service station, as it would never have made it to the house. While they were loading the boxes they told how much trouble they'd just had gaining access to another property because of the size of the van.

Later, they told me the volume was nearly twice as much as they had quoted for and asked for an extra 112.50. No proof was given for this supposed extra volume, I just had to pay up.

The items were delivered just outside of the agreed time of 7-14 days, but most of all, I was very disappointed to find that one suitcase had been very badly handled, although the 12 other items were OK. [continued below]....
..... In particular, a statue made of amber was seriously damaged, and some other items had broken. I have transported these objects many times, including across to California and back have never had this problem before. The objects were well-packed by me and the fact that a small plastic tray had shattered indicated that it was a jolt to the suitcase and not the lack of packing that must have caused it. Movecorp just blamed my packing and lack of insurance.

All I can say is considering the irreparable end result, and the expense, I wish I had taken the time to drive all my possessions back to the UK by myself.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MoveCorp/internet/MoveCorp-Avoid-using-this-company-based-in-Birmingham-Internet-874737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MoveCorp