- Report: #901812
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Movecorp
MovecorpShenstone, LICHFIELD, UK, WS14 0DT Internet United States of America
Movecorp email@example.com Robbed, ripped off, scammed by Movecorp Lichfield Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
times before and believe me it's accurate".
1. Two poor Movecorp removalist staff ARRIVED at our house at the end of the day completely exhausted. The truck was overfull and they apparently still had another job to do before driving from London up to the Movecorp depot in Manchester. They were worried about blowing out tyres on the highway due to overloading, which apparently had happened to them before! They literally rammed the contents of our house into every nook and cranny of the truck. Not a good start and a sign of the problems to come.
2. Movecorp sold me the service as including blanket wrapping of all furniture to properly protect it. Apparently special wrapping would be used for our mattress. Nothing of ours was wrapped in any way or form! It was just shoved into the truck.
3. The inventory keeping was inaccurate, we later realised due to our own digital camera records, and had to call Movecorp to make sure they were going to keep everything of ours together. We were given assurances. We also asked them to properly wrap our things in their warehouse, especially our expensive mattress.
4. Here comes the worst part: Movecorp call to say they measured our consignment volume at the warehouse and it was to cost 33% more. Payment required by credit card immediately. I made a fuss but they said they would seize our goods (our entire household contents). We were ransomed,so we paid, no choice as we had arrived at our new house in France with no furniture, clothes, kitchen goods ect!
5. Then our consignment was delayed. It wasn't sent on the shipping date we had agreed by telephone (before signing up) and we had to wait till the next month! Again, in our new house with nothing, so had to re-buy furniture! I tried to speak to various Movecorp staff, but did not care one bit. They were in fact tough as nails once they had our stuff and
it's clear they had a lot of experience with angry customers.
5. The shippment finally arrived. Again, at the end of the day, with inexperienced and totally exhauseted staff, who we had to help carry things in from the truck. Several items, including antique wooden furniture items were severely damaged. Our expensive mattress soiled and disformed. There you go. What a horrible experience with Movecorp.
I used Team Allied/Pickfords the previous year to move from Holland to London. Incomparable. Proper onsite quoting, seamless professional serivce door to door, and not one scratched item. It cost a bit more up front, but less in the end after all the additional costs involved in the Movecorp ordeal.
Googling shows many sites with numerous high or 10/10 reviews and lots of positive comments. Do not believe it! Movecorp is obviously publishing fakes to drown the real complaints on the internet. Some sites actually block public reviews and seem to be rigged sites. How evil is that!
BE WARNED - DO NOT USE MOVECORP - THEY ARE NOT TO BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR BELONGINGS AND WILL RIP YOU OFF!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2012 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movecorp/internet/Movecorp-jamesmmovecorpcouk-Robbed-ripped-off-scammed-by-Movecorp-Lichfield-Internet-901812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.