Complaint Review: Movie Facts, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, September 28, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: msmmpb — St. Louis Missouri United States of America
Movie Facts, Inc.

Movie Facts, Inc. Scammed, refused to cancel, harrassment Internet

I actually went to the movie theater they claimed I was being advertised in.  When I went, the pamphlets were nowhere to be found.  I complained and they talked to the manager.  He put them blocking the door and the kid, when I went (again), was in total shock, saying they just put those out for the first time the prior day and he never even saw someone
reach for one.

Naturally, I called up MovieFacts, they said they'd cancel me and give me a free month.  They did neither.  They
still tried to charge me for an extra month and keep calling to get money from me I shouldn't have to pay (I canceled).  Not only that, I had them on a recording agreeing to the free month and the cancellation.  I sent them a copy of the recording (they are in a one-person acknowledgement of recording state), yet they still refuse to acknowledge they canceled my account and gave me a free month (meaning they owe ME money).

A major scammer...and yet, they claim to be reputable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 02:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movie-Facts-Inc/internet/Movie-Facts-Inc-Scammed-refused-to-cancel-harrassment-Internet-948075. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movie Facts, Inc.