retired

• Submitted: Tue, April 17, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, April 17, 2007

• Reported By:Mount Shasta California
Movie Facts
1870 Bussee Hwy Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Movie Facts Fraudulent Billing Scam "verification" to trick you into 'verifying' company info Des Plaines Illinois

Movie facts called and asked if we wanted to advertise in their brochure. I said, "absolutely not," and thought that was the end of it.

Sometime later, they called my husband asking him to VERIFY info--and asked him the simple questions first. Company name, phone number, etc. Then they snuck in the, "as agreed, the fee will be x number of dollars for 6 months. But, if you buy 2 more months now, we'll give you an additional 2 months for free. Are you interested?" He said that we wasn't (thinking all the time he was simply verifying information and a contract I had agreed to.)

Fast forward to 2 months later. Several hours of phone conversations later with Erica and Betty, until I said, "Look, I am not wasting any more time on this. You have the facts of the case. One of your salespeople fraudently claimed we'd agreed. My husband is guilty of believing what he was told, namely that this was an agreed-upon contract. We will not pay you anything and do not want your advertising. The only further contact I expect from you is an apology for wasting our time and for employing fraudulent salespeople. Goodday."

Betty said she had nothing to apologize for and we hung up. She just called back and called me a liar. Please, save yourself some grief and hang up if they call.

Anyway, I would never have advertised with them--for the same price, you can do a brochure ENTIRELY on your company--in COLOR--from vistaprint.com AND pay to have it mass-mailed.

Jayne
Mount Shasta, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2007 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movie-Facts/Des-Plaines-Illinois-60016/Movie-Facts-Fraudulent-Billing-Scam-verification-to-trick-you-into-verifying-company-i-244450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movie Facts