Complaint Review: Movie Works Now

Movie Works Now
2633 E. Indian School Road Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Movie Works Now Casting rip off Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: Movie Works Now

I am hoping that people research and read this prior to meeting with Movie Works Now. I met with Barbara who is very good at selling, unless you wouldn't buy from a broken record. As usual I had researched the website first and saw that they require no fees. Good. But then they try to sell you stuff when you are there. Bad. I am a professional photographer and after seeing the shots they had, as well as the $30.00 camera that they were doing shots with, I told them I would think about the $325.00 fee for membership and a photo shoot and Barbara got discouraged and basically pushed me out of the office. If you were to contact someone like myself for a photo shoot I would not charge near that amount for a regular photo shoot. I had spoken to others after my meeting who had been there before and fell for the scam, and not a single one of them had ever recieved that elusive call that says they have work for you.

Just a word of note. Talent agencies typically will seek you out if you have a headshot with them, and they will contact you and they will pay for your photo portfolio, trust me, I have done this for agencies.

So to wrap up, this place is a scam and a half. If you have the great desire to be an actor, do alot of research because you will need to trust the people that will be helping you with your career, and these dont seem to be people you can trust.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/06/2010 12:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movie-Works-Now/Phoenix-Arizona-/Movie-Works-Now-Casting-rip-off-Phoenix-Arizona-659088. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movie Works Now

#1 General Comment

Movie Works Now

AUTHOR: Phoenix Actor - (United States of America)

As an Actor, In Phoenix, I simply Dont except that Movie Works Now is a rip off,I Say That as Someone who has Known them for over a decade, and Know They Have Cast Films Here Like The Queens of Country,Saving Santa,Coyote Requim ,several Go Daddy Commercials and Valley Of the Sun,which i was in,They Also did the extra casting for The Kingdom ,with Jamie Fox,now, other than as an actor,i have no affiliation ,with them,Ive never paid them anything,and they have gotten me work.I am not on their web site and Ive never bought Headshots from them.some people might be disgruntled but,id say that might be the fault of an employee,but the company has always treated me fairly and above board,the films i mentioned can be found on IMDB,They Cannot make you a Star, for any amount of Money, however,they Can and Do Find you Work as an Extra,if you have a problem with a sales person ask for a supervisor,