Complaint Review: MovieLand.com

• Updated: Thu, February 02, 2006

• Reported By:Chagrin Falls Ohio
MovieLand.com
MovieLand.com Internet U.S.A.

MovieLand.com subtle brainwashing and nuisance to charge credit card Internet

This site uses verbage to convince the owner of the computer that other users did the download, when, in fact, it never happened. This site works at becoming such a nuisance to the owner that the owner can't wait to purchase, at the very least, one month.

Looking at the date and time it was "purchased"on my computer, I realized it wasn't possible that any of us could have downloaded it, even by accident.

I proceeded to check out the add/remove program section of the control panel on my computer. The program that they claim we downloaded isn't even there.

Before researching this on my own, I searched the site to find a phone number. I didn't see one and became suspicious! I, then, did a search find and under the "movieLand" heading was this "Ripoff Report" site. My gut was right, again. This is a scam and there needs to be repercussions!

Margarite
Chagrin Falls, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2006 09:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/MovieLandcom/internet/MovieLandcom-subtle-brainwashing-and-nuisance-to-charge-credit-card-Internet-174540. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on MovieLand.com