Complaint Review: Movieberry.com

• Reported By: Tom — Somewhere Nationwide United States of America
Movieberry.com

Movieberry.com This Service is a Rip-off , Internet

*General Comment: Another Victim

I hope everyone in the world get this report.  First, you have 24 hours to cancel a $39.99 per month subscription that will hit your credit card each month.  There is no where on the site to do this other than contacting their technical support department---no customer service.  Believe me, the tech department will take much longer than 24 hours to respond to your cancellation.  In my case, over 72 hours.  Naturally, they will inform you that YOU did not cancel within the 24 hour time period.  To even sign up it costs $0.99, which when I checked my card they charged me $1.20.  What did I have to do.  My bank said to dispute the entire process.  I did this but had to cancel my credit card and be reissued a new one.  My bank said when dealing with companies (crooks) like movieberry.com, they will CONTINUE to hit my card each month.  So, for them being dishonest, I cancelled payment of their $1.20 plus the $39.99 monthly fee and will let everyone that I can reach know about their snakey business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2009 03:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movieberrycom/internet/Movieberrycom-This-Service-is-a-Rip-off-Internet-539236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movieberry.com

#1 General Comment

Another Victim

AUTHOR: Jason V - (United States of America)

I had the exact same problem only one month later I'm still trying to get the charges taken off.  Plus over 1/2 the movies I tried to download didn't work.