Complaint Review: Movieland Or Media Pipe

Movieland Or Media Pipe
www.movieland.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Movieland - Media Pipe ripoff Nationwide

*Author of original report: I found two phone numbers and both were suspicious

I did purchase a product called 360 share which I have been very happy with. The point of my 360 share is that I can download videos, music, ect. from other users who have also payed for the service and they too can download from me. My fiance was useing my share program (that I did pay for) and downloaded a video. We both thought nothing of it at the time because we had ben downloading videos and music from there for about 5 months without any problems.

Four days after he downloaded from the share program payment notices began to show up from a company called Movieland.com. Neither of us knew what it was or why we were recieving notices from them to pay for a product that until then we did not know was on our computer. But we listened to what this woman that popped up on the screen had to say.

We were told that she was glad we enjoyed our free three day trial and later on in the message that we were legally responcable to pay for the product. In hopes of getting rid of these notices I went to their website. I found the customer service area and there it was a little note telling me that movieland.com is committed to providing the best customer service. But, if you read on they give you their business hours which put up a red flag in my mind. Monday-Friday 7am-9am Pacific time and 7am-4pm Saturdays and NO phone number.

I proceeded to another page where I was given differant comments to choose from. I chose I never signed up for this service, I would like to cancel. Instead of it being cancelled I get a message on my screen that says as follows: "We understand that multiple users may access a single computer. However, the machine's owner is soley responsible for the regulating access to the computer. As such it is your responsibility to satisfy the contractentered into by way of your machine and IP address.

Well, I do own the computer. But according to what that told me a 25 yr. old and a 34 yr. old (which are the ages of the only two people who use my computer) do not know when they have entered into a contrat or not. So what I am trying to figure out is if I didn't download this free trial and my fiance didn't download this free trial then who did my computer?

I contacted them and after I was done submitting my letter I was given a free canel now notice. I clicked on it and it said thatnk you your subsriction has been cancelled. It was too for five minutes when I recieved two more notices.

Jessica
Waterloo, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2005 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movieland-Or-Media-Pipe/nationwide/Movieland-Media-Pipe-ripoff-Nationwide-167036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movieland Or Media Pipe

AUTHOR: Jessica - (U.S.A.)

I found two numbers for companies named movieland inc. and movieland. One always has a busy signal and the other has been disconnected. Are these numbers for this .com scam. I ask you what do you think?