• Report: #190847

Movieland
movieland.com Internet U.S.A.

Movieland is a rip-off Internet

*Author of original report: Movieland: So Many Victims of their scam

*Consumer Suggestion: Ivory..Some info on "Movieland"..

Movieland is a rip off company. This company illegally invades your hard drive making it almost impossible to use your computer by sending annoying pop ups everytime you start up your computer.

The pop ups says something like your 3 day trial period is up and payment is needed. It always gives a date,time and your IP address making it seem like someone at your home indeed downloaded their freebie and entered an agreement to purchase their product.

It is impossible to contact someone in their customer service dept. They do not provide a phone number, address or anything. When you go to their fake customer service link to try to contact someone via email, your emails are never responded to. I have emailed this movieland business several of several times and still have not gotten any kind of response.

I emailed them letting them know myself nor any family member signed up for their service and my under age children are being subjected to their inappropriate material everytime they go to use our computer and would like to have them remove this from our computer, but they have failed to contact me to give me the directions to take to get this mess off of my computer.

It is my belief movieland has evaded more than my home and they need to be brought up on charges for supplying indecent material to children. Their pop-ups on my computer should be classified as a form of harrassment.

Please let's stop them from evading, harrassing, and subjected are families to their garbage.

Ivory
Temecula, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2006 10:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movieland/internet/Movieland-is-a-rip-off-Internet-190847. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movieland

AUTHOR: Ivory - (U.S.A.)

Thank you for your suggestions on how to remove this movieland mess from my computer. I used evade in the first part of my complaint, 'cause they are hiding from all of us who have been
victimized by their mess. I meant to use invade in the last part of my complaint, thank you for catching that. I am just so

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Ivory..Some info on "Movieland"..

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Ivory,

See all of the other posts on this site on "Movieland". Many of them have removal instructions. Also search "Moviepass.tv", same scam, same scammers.

FYI.."Movieland" is not a business. It is not any form of a legal business entity, and it is run out of a private mailbox as a business address.

You can block pop ups in Windows, and you should get a good anti spyware/adware/firewall program to protect yourself in the future.

And, I think the word you were looking for was INVADE, not evade. Evade is to hide. Invade is to attack.

Good luck.