Complaint Review: Movieland

• Submitted: Sat, December 24, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, December 25, 2005

• Reported By:Troy New York
Movieland.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Movieland.com ripoff Trying to collect on software I did not download or order blocking my Yahoo account with Popups Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Windows will also block cookies

*Consumer Suggestion: You have spyware. Here is what you can do.

On December 24th 2005 I get a pop up from Movieland that I downloaded their software and Now I have to pay them. Every time I go into Yahoo, their pop up appears. I cannot get rid of it. I have never downloaded any software from them or anyone else. this is a business computer and they are now preventing me from accepting files from a major contract.

I am looking for their full address and phone number and email adddress. As soon as I get this information I have all intentions of contacting the local District attorny and file criminal charges against them as well as a multi million dollar law suit! This is a business and a business computer. they have no right to infringe on my privacy or my business.

As far as I am concerned they now have 24 hours to remove the pop up. After that time , I WILL seek any and all legal action I can against them.

Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Troy, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/24/2005 09:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movieland/nationwide/Movielandcom-ripoff-Trying-to-collect-on-software-I-did-not-download-or-order-blocking-my-169236. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movieland

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Windows will also block cookies

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Without downloading anything Windows can block most of this stuff.

Control Panel> Internet Options> Privacy> Settings.

Then check the box to block cookies.

Then click the advanced tab, and check the box to override automatic cookie handling.

First Party and Third Party cookies mark the Prompt option, and below check the box to always allow session cookies.

These are good settings to start with then you can customize as you get more familiar.

Also the Yahoo toolbar that is a free download has an excellent free spyware remover.

Good luck.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

You have spyware. Here is what you can do.

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (U.S.A.)

You have picked up adware and spyware while you were online more than likely. I went to this site, but made sure I had cookies turned off and nothing happened. I'm assuming they are affecting computers via spyware cookies when you connect to their site if you didn't click on the 'button' to download their software. Go download a copy of AdAware here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

It's a free program and it will locate and get rid of any adware or spyware it finds on your computer. You should run this at least once a week if not more often.

If you purchase the paid version it includes AdWatch that you keep running anytime you are online and it will prevent your computer from getting adware and spyware.

You should also be running a firewall and an anti-virus program. ZoneAlarm is a great firewall and AVG is a great anti-virus program. Both are free online for download.

Running a combo of these 3 programs will keep you pretty safe while you are online from picking up most spyware, adware, trojan horses and viruses. Your computer isn't safe unless you get programs such as these to protect it.

The address to the company behind Movieland is:

Digital Enterprises