lumber

Movieland.com ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: Movieland.com

*Consumer Comment: Movieland.com

*Consumer Suggestion: Get AdAware to remove it

I can see like many others that I am also a victim of this scum-bag company. I never installed the software or saw any 3 day trial agreement. Like all of you have noticed , you get caught in a vicious loop with no way to contact the company. They not only lied re. my installing the software, they didn't even have the correct IP Address. Somehow yesterday I got to a page that would allow me to send an email(don't ask me how. After expressing my feelings I got a screen that stated it would allow me to cancel immediately (Thank God I took a screen shot). Of course I selected yes and I got a pop up that said I was cancelled and all is well with the world again.

Guess what? It all came back today. So here I go again!. Seeing the program does not show up in the control panel(Add/Remove Programs) or in the listing of Programs available in windows, I will have to try removing the program other ways. I don't know if I'll succeed, but I'm really mad that I even have to go thru this. How do you stop a sleeze-bag operation such as this????

Cummings
cumberland, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2005 10:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Movielandcom/internet/Movielandcom-ripoff-Internet-168788. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Movieland.com

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (U.S.A.)

Honestly, I used to have Norton, but I got rid of it when it started to miss stuff and I lost it all from a trojan I picked up. I then started using AVG, which is free, updates daily and it got rid of that trojan and has kept me safe since. You may wanna give it a try and see if it can rid you of the crap movieland put on your computer.

A combo of AdAware and AdWatch, AVG and Zone Alarm keeps me running great with no worries when I'm online.

Movieland.com

AUTHOR: Cummings - (U.S.A.)

Lorraine, thanks for the suggestion. I DL'd the free version and ran it.Unfortunately the results are negative. I'm currently running my third Spyware/Adware program. My fingers are crossed. I am not a novice computer geek. I have been running Norton software and update (or check for updates) on a daily basis. I hate to step backwards, but if this current scan fails i'll probably reinstall my Norton SystemWorks 2005 which contains Clean Sweep. As long as there is a folder structure and registry keys, clean sweep should remove. Thanks again. I have my fingers crossed.

Movieland.com

AUTHOR: Cummings - (U.S.A.)

#7 Consumer Suggestion

Get AdAware to remove it

AUTHOR: Lorraine - (U.S.A.)

You have picked up adware and spyware while you were online more than likely. I went to this site, but made sure I had cookies turned off and nothing happened. I'm assuming they are affecting computers via spyware cookies when you connect to their site if you didn't click on the 'button' to download their software. Go download a copy of AdAware here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

It's a free program and it will locate and get rid of any adware or spyware it finds on your computer. You should run this at least once a week if not more often.

If you purchase the paid version it includes AdWatch that you keep running anytime you are online and it will prevent your computer from getting adware and spyware.

You should also be running a firewall and an anti-virus program. ZoneAlarm is a great firewall and AVG is a great anti-virus program. Both are free online for download.

Running a combo of these 3 programs will keep you pretty safe while you are online from picking up most spyware, adware, trojan horses and viruses. Your computer isn't safe unless you get programs such as these to protect it.