Complaint Review: Moviepass.tv

• Updated: Thu, April 27, 2006

• Reported By:minneapolis Minnesota
Moviepass.tv
Internet U.S.A.

Moviepass.tv ripoff pop ups coming on to my home page Internet

*Consumer Comment: MediaPipe NOT in ANY way affiliated with Movieland/Moviepass

*Consumer Suggestion: MoviePass removal info

making me pay for something I did not want.

Robert
Minneapolis, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2006 03:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moviepasstv/internet/Moviepasstv-ripoff-pop-ups-coming-on-to-my-home-page-Internet-188549. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moviepass.tv

AUTHOR: Lorraine - Geek Consumer Advocate :-) - (U.S.A.)

MovieLand and MoviePass are using the software they aquired from MediaPipe. I have seen a disclaimer on MediaPipe's website that says they are not in cohoots with these 2 companies, it's only their product that's being abused to rip off people. Sorry I wasn't clear on that. I'll change the wording on my file so the next copy/post doesn't have that in it.

Thanks for catching that. I typed it out late at night and know better than to do that, but want to get the word out these two companies so badly. :)

Have you had any more progress in your search on these guys? Legal hasn't shown up yet that I've seen, so I'm assuming he's locked himself into his 'bathroom office' to avoid dealing with us again.

MediaPipe NOT in ANY way affiliated with Movieland/Moviepass

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Media Pipe is not in any way part of the Moviland/Moviepass scam.

They are a separate, legitimate business.

These scammers simply use the services of Mediapipe.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

MoviePass removal info

AUTHOR: Lorraine - Geek Consumer Advocate :-) - (U.S.A.)

I found this site that's great. It gives info on Moviepass and Movieland. It has a link to a page of removal instructions for those infected with this program.

This site also links Movieland, Moviepass, MediaPipe and Integrated Enterprises Inc. Same people, slightly different name, same scam.

You can search this site and find a lot of posts on MovieLand and the removal steps. MoviePass is run by the same people as far as we can tell and we are seeing more and more reports being filed daily on them.