Complaint Review: Moviework Now

• Submitted: Thu, November 17, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, November 17, 2011

• Reported By: Deanna — Mesa Arizona United States of America
Moviework Now
11811 N Tatum Blvd. Suite 3031 Phoenix, AZ 85028 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Moviework Now Moviework Now Casting, Moviework Now Casting Inc., Moviework Now LLC. Scam, ripoff, bait & switch, fake Phoenix, Arizona

*Author of original report: Moviework Now agreed to a resolution

On 11/15/11 I was charged a $350 fee by Moviework Now, LLC in Phoenix, AZ. Within a 24 hour time frame I called the company and demanded a refund because I believe their company is a scam. I was given the owner's email address and told they don't give out refunds.

After emailing the owner, she replied back that no refund would be given. This company has not rendered any service to me other than take a picture of me and give me a login and password to their website.

During my 'interview' I was told there were no fees and no commissions to be paid. But in order to sign up with this agency I would have to pay $250 or $350 to be entered in their database and to receive photo shoot and video slate.

I don't believe this company has the right to keep my $350 because I was pushed and persuaded to pay them money. After realizing the scam, I contacted them in less than 24 hours to cancel what I'd signed. Isn't there a law about that protects us consumers from this type of fraud?

Less than 24 hours, I should get my money back, they've rendered no services and pushed me to sign up for their $350 data base by.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 05:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moviework-Now/Phoenix-Arizona-85028/Moviework-Now-Moviework-Now-Casting-Moviework-Now-Casting-Inc-Moviework-Now-LLC-Scam-798948. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moviework Now

Moviework Now agreed to a resolution

AUTHOR: M. Light - (United States of America)

I am pleased to report that Moviework Now and I have reached a resolution to my complaint.  They will refund $200 of the $350 fee and keep me in their database for one year.  Happy to know that this company is willing to come to a resolution.  :)