Complaint Review: Moving And Storage USA

• Submitted: Sat, June 25, 2005
  • Updated: Sat, June 25, 2005

• Reported By:Roseville California
Moving And Storage USA
7323 Ethel Ave North Hollywood, California U.S.A.

Moving And Storage USA moving company, fraud, ripoff, storage North Hollywood California

*Consumer Comment: Why Book Over the Web

Scheduled the move 3 weeks prior to move date over the phone. Was asked to leave deposit of $500 in order to maintain reservation. Called once 1.5 weeks prior to move date and again 2 days prior and was reassured both times that everything was set as planned and that the movers would definitely be arriving as scheduled.

On the date of the move, no one showed and when I called I was greeted by an individual who identified the company as 12moving.com. I then called back on their other listed number and again was greeted by the same individual. I asked him about Moving and Storage USA and was told that the company had closed as of the day before and that there were no records of moves or deposits which existed. He then told me that he could still send movers if I would pay him another $500 up front.

Everthing from the calls to the websites were fraudulant. Movingandstorageusa.com is still on the internet. 12 months ago I made the decision to move out to California in order to volunteer for 1 year to provide care (dentist) to active duty soldiers who were scheduled for deployment to Iraq as well as to those veterans who were returning home to the US; now I am leaving and have been scammed both, on my move to the West Coast(upon arrival, they would not release my belongings unless I paid an additional $1000; and this was for a car) and on my return to the East Coast.

Needless to say, I am extremely disappointed with the lack of action which the government has displayed in an effort to punish these criminals. In total, my losses (had to extend my rental period for apartment and car, was unable to begin on the expected working date in New york as planned, etc) totaled $5500. I have already contacted my attorney and will continue to pursue this matter until these individuals are judged.

Brendon
Roseville, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2005 06:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-And-Storage-USA/North-Hollywood-California-91605/Moving-And-Storage-USA-moving-company-fraud-ripoff-storage-North-Hollywood-California-147521. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moving And Storage USA

Why Book Over the Web

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

I am curious. Why did you book a mover over the Web? I have relocated several times across the U.S. and have always used the large, reputable moving companies. They come to your house ahead of the move, give you an estimate, and you know who you are dealing with.

I believe that all movers are required to charge standard ICC rates when crossing state lines (if this has changed, someone please let me know). So what did you think the advantage was in using an unknown Web company?