Complaint Review: Moving Connection, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, May 14, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, May 14, 2010

• Reported By: Jeff — West Lafayette Indiana United States of America
Moving Connection, Inc.
10155 Vine Court Thornton, Colorado United States of America

Moving Connection, Inc. Switching contract terms, charging extra fees Thornton, Colorado

I signed a contract with King's Vanlines and they farmed it out to Moving Connection, Inc.  Just as another complaint here described, the MCI movers offered to "save me money" by switching from the original "per pound" terms to a "per volume" rate.  I said no.  They added some pressure.  I maintained my position.  As it turns out, it would have cost me more money had I changed.

On top of that, my contract with King's stated there would be no fuel surcharge.  MCI tried to charge me.  When I pointed this out, they "adjusted" it to "just" a surcharge on the additional weight over the original estimate.  I protested again and they ignored it until I contacted King's to straighten things out.

When the driver showed up w/ my belongings, he was unaware of the fuel surcharge adjustment and would not unload my stuff until about an hour of back-and-forth calls with the main office went by.

When he finally started unpacking my belongings, he dropped my kitchen table 10' onto the concrete, cracking it the entire length.  They unpacked approximately 12 items that did not have stickers and repeatedly called out numbers that had already been unloaded.  The driver insisted these cancelled out, but obviously I had no idea of being sure what had been delivered and what had not.

In the end, we found 6 items that were significantly damaged and one that had never been delivered at all.  They tried to deny the minimial $.60/pound settlement rate because I hadn't identified the missing item when they unpacked everything.  I had to write a threatening letter to get even the 60 cents / pound.  That of course doesn't come close to making up for the damage to my table or other belongings.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-Connection-Inc/Thornton-Colorado-80229/Moving-Connection-Inc-Switching-contract-terms-charging-extra-fees-Thornton-Colorado-603255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moving Connection, Inc.