- Report: #921010
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Moving Connection
Moving Connection59 5th Street Street Saddle Brook, New Jersey United States of America
Moving Connection out of Saddle Brook, or Fair Lawn RIP OFF company - do NOT use!!!! Street Saddle Brook, New Jersey
In addition to this, all 4 movers were smokers and they took at least 10 minutes of every hour to stop for a smoke break. They also took time for lunch. This time should be excluded from my charges.
2. The first truck load took almost 3 hours to pack. I was supposed to do the walk through with buyers at 1pm. This was pushed to 2pm due to the slowness of the movers. Then moved to 3:30. Then to 4pm and ultimately to 5pm. The initial estimate was 8 hours to move out of my house and to my new house. This included packing and unpacking and putting all the furniture back together in my new home!
The Monday before I switched the location of the move into storage. I thought this would take 5 hours max as the storage unit was outside and easily accessible for a quick unload.
3. I had to follow the truck to the storage facility in order to attempt to meet the timing of the walk through that we had moved to 2pm as only one mover had a license. Without this assistance, we never we have completed at the time we did. Additionally, I had to drive him back to the facility when they were completed unloading so they could start the second load. This also wasted a lot of time. The facility was 15-20 minutes by car, so more with the truck. So that's 20 mins to get there, 20 mins to return and then the additional 40 min round trip to get back. Not to mention that they called when they were finished so I had 3 workers not working at all for 20 mins while I drove Eugene to the storage facility, again as he was the only mover with a license.
4. My buyers ultimately delayed my closing because they couldn't do the walk through at a reasonable time and complete the closing. This cost me extra money for my closing with my mortgage company for the weekend with interest through Monday and my lawyer fee as he also waited around for 4.5 hours waiting for the closing, which never happened!
5. Finally and most important, are the packing materials. I was told over the phone, and the day of, about potential box charges charges for other packing materials were never mentioned, but asked about! This is misleading to customers. You can imagine my surprise when charges for packing materials exceeded the labor costs for the job!!! I was told by Nicole to have my items packed and boxed to save money. I assured I had plenty of extra boxes for the movers to wrap the remaining items so I would not be charged for materials only the labor time.
I saw Eugene getting boxes from the truck and brought him all the boxes I had so he used what I had and not his boxes. I had NO idea they used a large box for 175.00 to wrap my china cabinet. There was no mention of this to me until I was asked to pay my bill before they would release my items from the final truck. I find this extremely unethical and very bad business practice.
A customer should be made aware of potential charges with a decision to make prior to being charged, especially when that customer would be charged 175 and 125 EACH for boxes. I also had no idea I would need to pay for tape or Shrink wrap! Had I known I would have purchased my own and had it available for the movers as I did the boxes.
Oh, and to top it all off, they dropped a drawer to my son's Bellini furniture set. Now they won't answer any of my calls or respond to emails - DO NOT USE THEM!!! I have filed a complaint with the BBB, you should too, if you have this same experience!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2012 02:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-Connection/Street-Saddle-Brook-New-Jersey-07663/Moving-Connection-out-of-Saddle-Brook-or-Fair-Lawn-RIP-OFF-company-do-NOT-use-Stree-921010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.