- Report: #1011730
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Moving Cross Country Inc.
Moving Cross Country Inc.400 Duncan Ave Jersey City, New Jersey United States of America
Moving Cross Country Inc. Damaged and Lost Our Belongings Jersey City, New Jersey
*Consumer Comment: Also A Victim of Moving Cross Country
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Virtually every piece of furniture sustained some type of damage, some of it rather severe. My wife and I were able to move these by ourselves on previous moves without as much as a scratch. We've documented thedamages photographically at: https://sites.google.com/site/movingcrosscountrynj/. We've estimated (probably underestimated) the cost replacing or repairing the damaged furniture at $1,000.
2) Some of our boxes never even showed up. We tried calling to see if the movers could locate them, but nobody ever called back with any information one way or the other. We've estimated the replacement cost of the missing items at $500.
3) We should have taken pictures of the boxes when they arrived. [continued below]....
4) Our drivers were late at both pick up and delivery.
5) The quote we were given was nearly half of what was actually demanded of us on moving day. They
threatened to unload the truck in the parking lot if we didnt pay.
6) One of our loaders demanded a tip from us right after doubling the price!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-Cross-Country-Inc/Jersey-City-New-Jersey-07306/Moving-Cross-Country-Inc-Damaged-and-Lost-Our-Belongings-Jersey-City-New-Jersey-1011730. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.