Port

• Updated: Sun, September 16, 2012

• Reported By: Monica B — New Jersey United States of America
Moving Help through UHaul
Maryland Washington, District of Columbia United States of America

Moving Help through UHaul Worst Moving set up EVER Washington District of Columbia

I had set up a move for a friday on Monday the same week, and local companies that were set up to do the move cancelled because they did not want to do a 1 way job. They claim they were not aware of this, and I was forced to cancel everything a day before the move.
I spoke to several people in U-Haul and Moving Help over 2 days and no one was able to give help figure out the issues. I got all types of explanations in regards to the problems I brought forth from the companies contracted, I was transferred to all different departments, and no one could ever get me in touch with a supervisor when asked. I even spoke to the sales department, and they told me: "sorry, there is nothing I can do for you; you will need to call the 1-800 number again". Once, I spoke to a rep called Will, who called the moving company and insulted them while I was on hold. This "Will", asked me to call back and ask for Supervisor Marya, who would be handling these problems for me. When I called back 15 minutes later, no one knew who Will or Supervisor Marya was!
I am appalled by the customer service I have received. There were too many unqualified customer service representatives, I had to repeat my stores 2 dozen times, was on hold more than I can remember, and I could prove the minutes I spent on the phone through my cell phone bill. I was hung up on ( although I never insulted anyone, or was rude to any of them).
I have never experienced such a horrible nightmare with any company in my existence, from the movers contracted: K&M Movers (Kareem, from Baltimore MD), who asked to either have him do the whole move or he would cancel on me, to Don't Move a thing Expert Movers from DC who called me on the day of the move in the morning, and asked that I pay round trip for an empty truck so his driver was not "stranded in NJ"!, mind you this is 142 mile drive.
I had to make 5 calls to cancel the truck on the morning of the move because I did not have a driver anymoe, I was transferred numerous times, asked for a manager, no one was in the office, and I was asked to call back 2 hours later. Then, I was given a direct line for the sales department?, called the number twice, and no answer. Supposedly, I should have gotten a hold of either David Rush or Michael (?) the person cancelling my truck asked me if I could find someone to drive it for mea 26 foot rental truck? Why?
These services were requested through a corporate account, and my first thought was great, a company is going to coordinate the work for me, I just need to pack my stuff!. Unfortunately, the services did not meet expectations. Attempt to provide corporate services and utilizing unqualified, untrained personnel to handle customer service calls, and third world moving companies that threaten customers and bail out when they dont get their way. Expert Movers did not even have a working computer to check the order confirmation! Really? What a joke!
After the second company cancelled 15 minutes before the move, I had to start over again, and change the moving date because there was no one available for the same day! Then I was hold for 15 minutess while someone was trying to figure out who is going to pick up the move job for the next day, but the person was calling these companies because no one knows that is their responsibility to figure out how to get home. Honestly, how is that my problem?
I can't understand why no one has stepped in to handle my case, I am sure there are plenty of notes and even recordings of my conversations with probably every single one of your reps.
I wrote an email to customer service for UHaul with all the issues, and got a reply back: sorry we can't help you, you need to contact Moving Help.
On the day when the move was supposed to happen, my contact person from corporate called the Corp account rep, David Rush, who called me with an attitude, and not ready to listen. He then called back, and set up a conference call with Lori at UHaul, who also had a terrible attitude, until I told her to take it easy because I was the one with 2 empty homes, lots of boxes, NO DRIVER AND NO MOVERS! The third company set up, they asked me for the corporate account number, I did not have it, they asked me for my credit card. When asked to reverse the charges, it took about 30 minutes on a call with Mr Rush and Lori to figure out if they were even going to be able to do such a thing!
In the meantime, every I spoke with on the phone could not follow direction, cancelled and reinstated services about 1 dozen times, CHANGED MY NAME, told me credit would take 3 days, then 5 days, I don't know how many other things.
On the day of the move, the third could not start until 1 PM, ( this is get the truck, then pack, then drive 3+ hours, and have a second company in NJ unload.
When I show up at Uhaul, here is the truck, with less than 1/4 tank of gas ( I hear is tipical for Uhaul to give you empty tanks), 2 gentleman that weighed less than 120 lbs each ( my loaders!) and the driver ( in a car with 3 children!).
The loading took about 4 hours, these poor guys could not pick up heavy stuff without the help of my husband, then they needed to be dropped off ( they did not have transportation), so the driver with MY TRUCK FULL WITH ALL MY BELONGINGS TOOK THEM HOME BEFORE HE GOT ON THE ROAD!. Therefore, he took almost 4 hours to cover the 127 miles road, and the poor guys who were helping unload finish at 11 45 PM.
THE WORST NIGHTMARE OF MY EXISTENCE has been UHAUL working in alliance with MOVING HELP. I will never find a less capable, untrained, unqualified, rude, ignorant and helpless group of individuals working together in any OTHER company, IT IS JUST NOT POSSIBLE!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/16/2012 09:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-Help-through-UHaul/Washington-District-of-Columbia-/Moving-Help-through-UHaul-Worst-Moving-set-up-EVER-Washington-District-of-Columbia-942182. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moving Help through UHaul