Complaint Review: Moving Out

• Submitted: Mon, October 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 02, 2006

• Reported By:Jacksonville Beach Florida
Moving Out
movingout.com Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Moving Out 11 hours late, Charged extra hour before unloading items at destination Miami Florida

Completed online quote (9am move, 2 apts into 1) Daniel at Moving Out responded: Contracted for an am move, 3 hrs labor 1 hr travel. They would callon 29th to confirm time.

9/29 3pm-No phone call. I called Daniel & was told it would be after 5. 6:30- Eli Maloul called w/3pm start time. I protested, explaining my am request. Eli said crew was coming from Miami but might be early. Had no choice but to accept.

9/30 3pm- Called to check in. Eli said they would arrive from 3-6 & driver would call an hr out. As I had requested a morning move, I protested strongly.
4:30-Sam, a crew member, called: Traffic in Orlando would be there by 7. I called Eli: Unacceptable! Crew was tired! Need local crew! Eli said he had quoted a time of 4-6, & that he was sending his "best crew." I disagreed & reminded him of 3-6 conversation. He said for being nice person he would discount rate. I called him right back-Could he get local crew. Was told no.

5:30 & 6:30- I called driver, no response. Called Eli at 6:45-left a message: Getting dark & driver not returning calls. 7:50 Sam called-finally off I-4. Told him it was getting dark. He said they could move on 1st. I said absolutely not. Called at 9-Sam said the truck was big & he hoped I understood it drove slowly. Arrived at 10pm.
Mike & Sam said they were tired, that this was their 3rd move of the day. Mike said it was "too late" to be moving. Discount was $5.00 an hr. (Eli didn't call me-Mike told me) I had to agree. Signed pprwk 2nd time. Started at 10:20. Several times crew bickered & argued, I pitched in.

11:35 At 2nd apt. My roommate was moving her stuff on to the curb.

12:50 At new apt.. More pprwk & Mike said they needed another 1.5 hrs of labor. I refused-We drove 10 mins to my rmmate's apt, 40 mins to last apt & started work at 10:20pm. I estimated 2 hrs labor/1 hr travel. Mike lowered to1 hr extra-but said I had to agree for them to finish. For the 3rd time signed pprwk & we all pitched in. Done by 2am. Ttipped them $40-despite attitude & company's poor business model, they did the job.
Summary:

11 hours late
Charged extra hour
Unrealistic discount
Exhausted crew
This company isn't concerned with honoring contracts re: time or rates & don't care about workers/clients. I have called them many times today: The 800 number is not working. Eli is not answering the phone. This is my next step.

Shae
Jacksonville Beach, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2006 12:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-Out/Miami-Florida/Moving-Out-11-hours-late-Charged-extra-hour-before-unloading-items-at-destination-Miami-F-213793. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moving Out