Complaint Review: Moving System

• Submitted: Wed, April 25, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, April 25, 2001

• Reported By:
Moving System
18346 NE 2nd Ave N Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Florida based "Moving System" or "Advanced Moving" are THIEVES!!

I received an online quote from advanced moving to relocate my belongings from TX to MD. After providing the requested inventory list, I was given a quote of $3318.75 and gave a $50 deposit.

They were initially to pick up on 1-22-01 and drop off on 1-31-01. They did finally get there on 1-26-01(I was already in MD). They made us sign a blank contract-which is a violation of a county ordinance and stated clearly on their own contract!!

The next day the driver calls to tell me my new total is $8427. I called the company and after two days of "no one is in the office to help you" I finally got a guy, Simon, who tried to convince me that the $7427 he was trying to offer me was a really good deal. It turns out that they underestimated the amount of space my things would use on their truck and so they were unable to pick up a second load that was supposed to come this way.

His words were "it's not fair for us to lose money". I didn't understand why I had to pay for their inability to do their jobs correctly! They were over 100% off on the price and the needed space! The owner, Mr. Jones was SO rude and told me that since we did not have a binding estimate, he could charge me whatever I wanted.

He told me to pay $7000 at that point or the price would be going up to $8427 again! I refused and threatened to call the police and he stated all my belongings would be sold at their weekly auctions if I refused! I did pay them the $7000.

I have filed complaints against them with just about every agency I can think of, BBB, DOT, OIG and their local county government. They are in trouble with the USDOT, not for screwing me over but because they are not registered with them.

Also, I have $600 worth of lost/damaged claims that I have sent, and they have not responded to my three attempts to find out if they are going to pay for that...what a surprise.

I figure if I am not going to get any of my money back, they will at least get sick of all the inquiries they have received on my behalf.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Moving-System/N-Miami-Florida-33179/Florida-based-Moving-System-or-Advanced-Moving-are-THIEVES-5018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Moving System