Complaint Review: Mr. Anthony and Al Bertochi from AXIS Merchant Group

• Updated: Sun, January 24, 2010

• Reported By: PAUL — PITTSBURG California United States of America
Mr. Anthony and Al Bertochi from AXIS Merchant Group
500 Airport Blvd Burlingame, California United States of America

Mr. Anthony - Al Bertochi - AXIS Merchant Group Taking money from my checking account for the services I never have and refused to respond and report to collection company when I changed my Bank Account. Burlingame California

*Consumer Comment: So what exactly are you saying they did wrong?

Dear Sir/Madam,

My business name Hispanic Supermarket at city San Lorenzo, California. I was looking for adding check cashing business in my store. I called several places and company name Axis, sale person name Mr. Anthony Manzilla showed up who identified by him self as companys President. He offered me several programs but said he has to check my credit history first and asked me to sign on some credit check and business forms. After two weeks he came back with equipment for check cashing and took all my bank account information.

1.                        Mr. Manzilla start taking money from my bank account included as my business credit cards processing fee. I have been processing my business credit cards through Wells Fargo bank since I bought my business and never process with his equipment or by his company ever single credit card. When I found, I called his office many time and his cellular phone, but he never return call. I called main office Axis but they refused to stop taking money and advised me call to Mr. Manzilla. After no where to go, I closed my bank account and open new one. When they unable to withdraw money, Axis Company sent account to NCO collection agency and collection agency start calling me every day and reported to Equifax and Experian credit companies.

2.                  After that I found a Company name First Data Global Leasing has been taking money from my new bank account. When I called them, they said, you are under contract for 3 years by agent Mr. Anthony Manzilla and I have to pay their balances until contract. I changed bank  and they started calling my home and business.

3.                  On 1/18, 19 and 20/2010, I called to Mr. Manzilla and talked with his several employees in his office and they said, You have to call him. I found his wife name Jennifer Manzilla also work with him in his office. I called and left several message but didnt return my call.

I am frustrated and could not afford an Attorney, could you please help me? Thank you

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2010 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Anthony-and-Al-Bertochi-from-AXIS-Merchant-Group/Burlingame-California-94010/Mr-Anthony-Al-Bertochi-AXIS-Merchant-Group-Taking-money-from-my-checking-account-for-557986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Anthony and Al Bertochi from AXIS Merchant Group

So what exactly are you saying they did wrong?

AUTHOR: Concerned Sales Rep - (USA)

Paul,

I dont understand, so what did Axis really do wrong?  Nothing at all!

Your statement only tells a story of a legitimate business transaction, where you tell them what you want, Axis comes to your store and offers a solution, he provided you the paperwork, contracts, and a lease contract to sign, and you signed the lease contracts and all the paperwork.  Done deal!  There is nothing wrong here, no scam, nothing illegal at all!

They did nothing wrong at all!  It is you that signed and legally obligated you and your company to the contracts and the equipment leases, it was you that signed the lease for the equipment, it was you that accepted all the equipment at your store, it was you that got on the phone with the lease company and verified and verbally accepted the terms of the lease, and it was probably you that did NOT read all the fine print of the contract and lease contract which all clearly states the monthly fees and charges and the lease contract says in big bold print "NON-CANCELLABLE LEASE!"

The only person that did something wrong and breached the contract was you who decided to change your bank accounts.  You are legally responsible for the contracts and paying the monthly payments.  They have every right to use attorneys or collection agencies to force you to honor your contract you signed and make the payments.