Complaint Review: Mr. Appliance

• Updated: Wed, January 30, 2013

• Reported By: GinaMarie4526 — Romulus Michigan United States of America
Mr. Appliance
29079 Ford Rd Garden City, Michigan United States of America

Mr. Appliance Rips People Off by Overcharging for Repairsl Garden City, Michigan

*Author of original report: Mr. Appliance Garden City, Michigan

*Author of original report: Mr. Appliance Garden City, Michigan

*Author of original report: To Cart Before the Horse

*General Comment: I think you put the cart before the horse here

This business deserves a -5 for being a ripoff. They charge me $261.00 to replace a fan evaporator motor that cost $40.00.  They said they waived the $65.00 service call from the price which would have put the cost over $300.00.

I will never use this company again and I advise anyone else not to use them.  Call around - I found out the job could have been done for $190.00.  I cannot understand how the owner can stay in business by ripping people off.  This falls into the category of unscrupulous business practices.

Buyer beware do not use this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 09:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Appliance/Garden-City-Michigan-48135/Mr-Appliance-Rips-People-Off-by-Overcharging-for-Repairsl-Garden-City-Michigan-1006022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Appliance

Mr. Appliance Garden City, Michigan

AUTHOR: GinaMarie4526 - ()

Aaron the owner contacted me today 4/18/2013 to continue to harass me about my disputed charges. I was contacting him about a receipt that I never received. He was belligerent and rude..  I warn you do not do business with this company.  They do not supply you with a receipt nor an itemized bill.  Their policy is to just charge you a price with no explanation of what you are being charge for labor nor parts.

Mr. Appliance Garden City, Michigan

AUTHOR: GinaMarie4526 - ()

To Cart Before the Horse

AUTHOR: GinaMarie4526 - (United States of America)

You sound just like the owner and therefore trying to salvage the reputation of this company.  When I called around to inquire about pricing the other companies were able to provide me a quote over the phone. Something that Mr. Appliance falls to do hoping that when they get on site the consumer is either stuck with the $65.00 service call or feels compelled to go ahead with the service since they are hard pressed due to the need to get the appliance repaired.  When I talked to the owner he was very argumentative and tried to validate his reason for the high cost of the repair.  In so much as telling me he has to pay for this and that therefore justifying the price he charges. He was not willing to even try and work with me on this matter.  Again I say and stand by the fact that this company is a ripoff.  I even checked to see if they were listed with the BBB and guess what the BBB rates them an F wonder why. Oh I know because the company fails to offer competitive prices.

So To Cart before the Horse if you have an appliacne that fails I encourage you to use this company and let me know your experience.

I admit that I did check after the fact only becasue when I dealt with this Mr. Appliacne in the past they were not in the habit of ripping people off.  Oh did I mention they are a franchise and well that says it all.  Owners of these companies can continue to rip people off because hey they can do what they want.

I am only spreading the word so that other consumers do not have the same experience as I. So I say do not use this company call around and deal with a reputable company.

#4 General Comment

I think you put the cart before the horse here

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Ok, so lets see if I understand something here.  You called an appliance repair service to fix an item.  They performed the service, and charged you.  You are offended because they over charged you.

You determined they overcharged you, because "You Called Around", and found a cheaper price, and decided they are crooks.

Nope, sorry, you are just a "bad consumer".  The time to  "Call Around" is BEFORE you get the services done, not after.

Sorry no sympathy from me here.  And dont detract from this by saying "I did not ask for help here, I just want to WARN Others".   Your Warning to others should not be to defame a company that completed a service that you asked them to complete.  Your warning should be "Dont Do what I did, and hire someone to do a job, and then call around later and find out someone would do it cheaper"!!!!