Complaint Review: Mr C's Handy Man

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: Divya Nair — Bloomington Minnesota
Mr C's Handy Man
6024 70th Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55429-1002 Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Mr C's Handy Man A service was promised and an advance of 540$ was given as a check to Kathy Fabel and Martin Chock.They have not paid me back. The better business bureau, attorney general and the cops have contacted him. He is now telling the cops that he delivered the service! Minneapolis Minnesota

A service was promised and an advance of 540$ was given as a check to Kathy Fabel, Manager of Mr C's handyman run by Martin Chock. The check was cashed out on March 15th. It was decided on April 5th that the contract was cancelled because the product was not delivered as promised. I was promised money in a certified check by April 25th. Martin Chock and Kathy Fabel have not paid me back and are not taking my calls.
On March 15th. Martin Chock came home and gave me an estimate for an indoor swing we wanted to have built. I was asked to give 540$ (which was all of the material cost and half the labor) since the plan was to have it built in his shop and installed at home on March 21st. On March 18th, I got a call from him saying his grandmother in Duluth had passed away and he was the executor of her will and the job needed to be move to March 25th. [continued below]....

..... I agreed and moved the date to March 25th. On March 25th, he told me that his guys got into an accident in Jordan, MN and everything that was built was totaled. At this time, I looked him up on Angie's list and the only review about him was exactly what I was going through. His wife Kathy Fabel called on the 26th and requested more time to get this done and we agreed on April 5th. I got an amended contract saying that if we didn't get the product built by April 5th, I would have my money back. On April 5th, Martin called and said it wouldn't happen. I was promised my money back in 14 business days which was April 25th. I don't have my money back and Martin is hanging up when I call.

He didnt respond to enquiries from the better business bureau, and the attorney general

and when the cops caleld him, he is telling them that he delivered the service to me already

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 06:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Cs-Handy-Man/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55429/Mr-Cs-Handy-Man-A-service-was-promised-and-an-advance-of-540-was-given-as-a-check-to-1056840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr C's Handy Man