While traveling back to our home in Pensacola, Florida, my husband and I decided to spend a few days at (based on what we saw online at their website) Mr. D's RV Park. This was one of the worst experiences we have ever had with a facility. The pictures on the website were not anything like the park.
As we pulled up, there was no one to greet us. Since we had made a committment to stay at this park, we were stuck. We proceeded to sign in and find a 50 amp slot. This was not an RV park as advertised it looked like the city dump. The slots were tiny, the ground was filthy with cigarette butts and trash everywhere! It was rather frightening. Furthermore, when the owner, Gayle Frye, did show up, we requested a refund and she flatly refused and told us to give the park a chance that it would, "grow on us".
We hooked up and attempted to find the laundry room which was filthy. The machines were dirty inside and out. There are no workcampers at this facility, the owner is too cheap and nothing gets cleaned appropriately. The machines are so rusty and unsanitary that we had to find an outside laundromat to do our wash.
The bathrooms were never finished and were unclean. The pipes are exposed and one of them slammed threw a window in the men's bathroom causing exposure to all types of insects and animals.
The owner has a "doggie mascot" that she calls Isabella. The dog runs wild in the park (without being on a leash) leaving fecal matter and more all over. The owner leaves the dog running wild when she goes out. We simply got tired of stepping in it.
The worst part is that there is no security and the police have been in and out of the park due to fights between the daughter and mother. Screaming and yelling at all hours, night and day. Is it any wonder that we would not stay here again.
There have been dead mice, rats, dogs that are not innoculated, restricted breeds such as pitbulls and rotweillers running around.
This park has no rules-until the owner makes them. She turns off water when people are using it claiming that there is water on the ground. She has turned off the electricity while we were visiting family and caused us to lose over $200 in groceries which we had in our refrigerator and freezer.
She is a horrible woman and this is a horrible park. It is unsafe and unsanitary-it should have been condemed a long time ago!