Complaint Review: Mr. Ed and Earnhardt's dealerships

• Updated: Sat, June 14, 2014

• Reported By: John O — Glendale Arizona
Mr. Ed and Earnhardt's dealerships
6315 E Auto Park Dr, Mesa, AZ 85206 Mesa , Arizona USA

Mr. Ed and Earnhardt's dealerships Cody Finance specialistBo Sales Manager Shady.. makes deals and then sells the car out from under you. Very unethical Mesa Arizona

*Consumer Comment: If car salesman can watch this video I think auto buyers should watch this vide.....

*Consumer Comment: Not how it works.

*General Comment: SNOOZE!!

Buyer beware!! Code and Bo are snakes!!!

Spent several days getting approved for financing and pin pointing down a car between many dealerships. I spoke to multiple people that each time act as it was the first time someone from there had talked to me.

Finally found a the car that we wanted made contact and was told that they just took the car in on trade and it still needed to go through reconditioning but I could drive there and do the paperwork and come back another day. I informed them that I did not want to drive 110 miles round trip to do just paperwork unless I could also preview the car and test drive it, I was told because it hasnt gone through their reconditioning they could not allow that for safety reasons.

I get a call early the next morning and was told they could get it trough reconditioning today and it would be done at 230. They set an appointment for me to be there finallizing the deal when the car was completed and told me as long as I was there by my appointment everything would be fine.

At 1230 I get a phone call from Cody asking if I was still coming in to buy that car today. I said yes I was told it would not be done before 230 and we would be there between 2 to 230.. He explain ok he just wanted to make sure because if we had any doubts there was someone on the lot to buy it right now. I said no we have a deal and we will be there at 230.

10 minutes later he calls and said hey sorry but we sold the car out from under you because it was ready and someone was here to buy it.

Are you kidding me? how unethical is that? Then i demanded to talk to the manager that made that decision and he said he would have him call me and then hung up on me...

Mr. Ed and Earnhardt Dealerships your customer service, word of commitment and ethics are Fucked up. How are you guys so popular if this is how you treat people. I hope the same treatment is is sent your way Cody and Bo and you live a miserable life you POS'S!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2014 01:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Ed-and-Earnhardts-dealerships/Mesa-Arizona-85206/Mr-Ed-and-Earnhardts-dealerships-Cody-Finance-specialistBo-Sales-Manager-Shady-makes-1154828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Ed and Earnhardt's dealerships

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

If car sales people can watch this video. Car buyers should also watch this video. Watch the video post your comments thoughts and questions.

If it's a sales training video Why can it not be a car buyers training video?

Not how it works.

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

Are you kidding me? how unethical is that? "

Not unethical at all.  You had zero financial interest in that car.  No deposit, no contract.  As such, the dealership had no guarantee that you would end up buying it.  Someone with cash in hand ready to sign will trump that any day of the week.  It's standard practice in the car business.

#3 General Comment

SNOOZE!!

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

In business you snooze you lose. There is NOTHING wrong with selling the car to someone else provided YOU have not signed any contract. Once a contract is signed, well then they cant sell it from under you. Had you gone down that evening and started the contract paperwork, then they would be obligated to hold the car for you. BUT!!! Since you CHOSE to not go down there and had NO CONTRACT just your word that you would be showing up. While its upsetting and ONLY upsetting, what YOU have done is FAR WORSE. Great thing is that THEY get a legal remedy against YOUR spite. YOU have given them all the ammo they need to take you to court and sue you for WHAT you have posted. YOU were TOO SLOW!! THATS ALL!!! There is NOTHING illegal OR immoral here. Just someone that is butthurt that they lost out on a vehicle purchase. You or I would do something similar. Lets see, put up with some lookie loo who wants you to clean and fix ect ect ect, OR someone walks up and offers you the ABOVE ASKING price, well you jump at the 100% SURE sale. The poster wants his cake and get to eat it as well. I find it reprehensible that cavemen like the OP STILL EXIST!!!!! You moved too slow and someone who was willing to take it AS IS and more then likely paid cash got it instead of YOU. Stop acting like some self important jackass. You are NOT entitled to that vehicle UNTIL you do something to secure it. YOU DID NOT DO THIS!!!!! So instead of admitting that NOT ONLY were you to slow and stubborn to get that vehicle, but that ITS A FREE MARKET DIPSTICK!!!!!! It really sickens me that this level of IGNORANCE that the OP has shown still exists. Maybe next time you wish to make a purchase you will move with a bit more energy and intent. Its called CAPITOLISM!!!!!