Complaint Review: Mr John K Harris JK Harris & Co

• Submitted: Tue, December 28, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, December 28, 2004

• Reported By:dalals Texas
Mr John K Harris JK Harris & Co
4995 Lacrosse Rd. Suite 1800 North Charleston, South Carolina U.S.A.

John K Harris, JK Harris & Co Deceptive Company Ripoff Waste Of Time ripoff Beware of them taking your money and not providing services Charleston South Carolina

Single dad attempted to correct errors on credit report, as well as settle doctor bills on credit report. Also hired JKHarris to prepare taxes.

Paid over $2,000 to them and was assured that everything would be resolved within 1 year. I paid almost $1,000 down and almost $200 monthly. It got so bad that I started documenting the calls beginning after 4 months of no call backs, misinformation, and their excuses.

Now, The IRS just sent me a letter telling me that I owe more money due to the "errors" that JKHarris did on the taxes, and JKHarris continually fails to return my calls. Their worst excuse was, "we've grown so much this year that we can't keep up". They even sent my taxes to my ex-wife's address! It's the worst thing I could have ever done.

I even went to a creditor that had erronously marked my credit. After spending 10 minutes with them in person, they agreed that it was in error. They typed a letter on their letter head and faxed it to the collection agency, stating that the debt was in FACT in error, and remove it immediately. I faxed a copy to JKHarris so they could follow up. It's been 8 months, and guess what? It's STILL on my credit report, and JKHarris LOST their copy of the letter.

I've requested and have been transferred to over 4 reps due to lack of performance, and now the IRS is on my butt thanks to them.

What seemed to be a professional way to resolve issues has become a nightmare. I am a business owner and can't believe that I fell for such a scam. I can't even get my bank to close the bank account because it's an authorized debit, so even having it closed will result in NSF charges because it's an electronic billing, which reopens the account. I had to fill out fraud forms to stop the MADNESS.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM! The best thing to do for credit issues is get the reports directly from the big three reporting agencies yourself, it's free! Fill out the disputes yourself right on their websites, and once that's over, contact the collections people yourself and settle it, making sure you get something in writing that updates your credit report accurately.

As for IRS, go to a reputable company or accountant and do it through them.

I am in worse shape now than I ever was, THANK YOU JKHARRIS!

Dallas, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2004 12:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-John-K-Harris-JK-Harris-Co/North-Charleston-South-Carolina-29406/John-K-Harris-JK-Harris-Co-Deceptive-Company-Ripoff-Waste-Of-Time-ripoff-Beware-of-them-124698. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr John K Harris JK Harris & Co