Complaint Review: Mr. Leslie Moore Of Oncor Electric Delivery Service

• Submitted: Sun, September 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 07, 2008

• Reported By:Hephzibah Georgia
Mr. Leslie Moore Of Oncor Electric Delivery Service
215 E. Rusk Street Jacksonville,, Texas U.S.A.

Oncor Electric Delivery Co.Mr. Leslie Moore Of Oncor Electric Delivery Service Must have died on way to delivering electricity to my address. Has been more than a month since initial request Jacksonville, Texas

I called TXU Energy on August 4, 2008 requesting delivery to our new manufactured home in Grapeland, TX. Since it was a "new construction" site, they referred me to Oncor, which is headquartered in Dallas, TX.

I was told by the Oncor rep that I would receive electric service from 7 to 10 business days. Here it is September 7th, and we still have no electricity in our home.

After two weeks, I contacted a Mr. David Collier, who supposedly is the Oncor Supervisor for our region. He directed me to Mr. Leslie Moore. I called Mr. Moore's office and left a message.

Mr. Moore returned my call to say that there was no pole or wiring on our street to support or electrical needs, and later called to say that we would have to pay $678.92 to have some trees and branches removed, and that it would have to be paid in advance. I was livid! I offered to cut the trees myself.

Another call to Mr. Collier asking why I had to pay so much for tree removal, and why did I have to pay for a service beforehand. Mr. Collier returned my call stating that the charge was for lineage feet of wire from the pole to my house over 300 feet, and that it would have to be paid before any work is done.

Mr. Moore finally sent me a bill that I received September 2nd. I mailed the payment back the same day Express Mail. Still no electricity. Mr. Moore told me that it would take 3-4 weeks after receiving the payment to have the trees cut back, and he didn't know how long after that before we can get electricity.

My husband and I are seniors; 75 and 66 respectively. We are currently living in Georgia, paying 2 mortgages which we can ill afford, waiting to get electricity to our home in Texas. This is ridiculous and, as far as I know, unheard of.

Hephzibah, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2008 04:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Leslie-Moore-Of-Oncor-Electric-Delivery-Service/Jacksonville-Texas-75766/Oncor-Electric-Delivery-CoMr-Leslie-Moore-Of-Oncor-Electric-Delivery-Service-Must-have-370683. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Leslie Moore Of Oncor Electric Delivery Service