Complaint Review: Mr Lid Containers

• Reported By: Disgruntled — Sacramento California United States of America
Mr Lid Containers
PO Box 210827 Milwaukee, Wisconsin United States of America

Mr Lid Containers Mr Lid Doesn't Do It Right Milwaukee, Wisconsin

The Mr Lid product idea sounded good, just what we needed. So, I went on-line to order. The order process was a maze, and very confusing. You must enter your credit card information first, not last as in most on-line orders. As I wound my way thru the maze, there were a number of upgrade offers-order one set, get one free, order a different set and get free shipping on the first order, get a $10 discount, etc. When I was finished ordering what I thought was one set for $19.95 plus $7.95 s&h, a second one free plus $7.95 s&h, plus a new set with larger containers for $19.95 plus $7.95 s&h, and free shipping for the first order, minus $7.95. Total of $34.80, or so I thought. There was no way to review the order, it just went thru as the credit card info was entered in the first step, before selecting product. Then at the end there was a thank you for your order of 2 "Bongo" specials for $83.70.

What??? I didn't know what a Bongo special was, and certainly didn't buy 2 for $83.70. I called Customer Service first thing Monday morning to fix the order, as they were not open on weekends & I had ordered Saturday night. I was told the order had already been shipped, my account charged & there was nothing they could do, but when the order arrived, I should "refuse" it and they would refund my money. On Wednesday, 2 days after they said it had already shipped, I received an email saying my order had shipped!?? I received the order a week later & refused it per instructions, did not accept delivery or open it. Two weeks later, I called to let them know I had not received the refund. They said they hadn't yet received my refused order & it should be there in 2-3 days. I called 3 days later & was told that no one would have told me to refuse it, that I was supposed to call & get an authorization number. By refusing it, it would take 1 or 2 months or more to get my refund. I may have missed this in numerous calls to the company, but do not remember being told to do this.

Other people have had similar experiences, no review or cancel opportunity when ordering and large unexpected charges for products.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2012 08:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Lid-Containers/Milwaukee-Wisconsin-53221/Mr-Lid-Containers-Mr-Lid-Doesnt-Do-It-Right-Milwaukee-Wisconsin-985716. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr Lid Containers