• Report: #952039

Complaint Review: Mr Lid

• Submitted: Sun, October 07, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, December 27, 2012

• Reported By: Peter — Cape Coral Florida U.S.A.
Mr Lid
Milwaukee, Illinois United States of America

Mr Lid Deceptive website, prices quoted are NOT prices charged Milwaukee, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: The EXACT same thing happened to me.

Mr Lid TV ad states buy one set for $19.95 and get second set FREE. I just ordered one set for 19.95 plus 7.95 s&h from Mr Lid official website, which states same as TV ad. I followed order instructions exactly.
As per the TV ad etc I expected to be billed $19.95 for first set plus $7.95 s&h plus $7.95 for second FREE set.

There was no page to review my order before it was placed so I could not see what I was going to be charged, it just went straight from the name address credit card details page, that just has the option to order 1 or more sets, to the bill, nowhere to review order.

When I saw bill they charged me $39.95 for the set, they charged a further $39.95 for the set that was supposed to be FREE plus $31.80 for shipping, a total of $111.70. The total bill should have been $19.95 + $7.95 + $7.95 total $35.95 There was no link on the order confirmation email to review order or change it, just a phone number. I have tried 12 times to call, but phone is not answered, so I have written a letter. Let's wait and see !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2012 01:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Lid/Milwaukee-Illinois-53221/Mr-Lid-Deceptive-website-prices-quoted-are-NOT-prices-charged-Milwaukee-Illinois-952039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr Lid

The EXACT same thing happened to me.

AUTHOR: Jennifer - (United States of America)

Down to the last cent. This same situation happened to me. I order online and there was NO CONFIRMATION PAGE! Once I saw the total, I tried to cancel or go back. It wouldn't let me. It sent me a "Thank You" text to my phone.  I called the number back on the website and they are only open from 8am-5pm. Monday-Friday. Being that it was after 5pm, I decided to call the toll free number.  I talked to a man that said that their was no record of my order because I had just placed it and it take about 8 hours for it to show up in the system. I wasn't too worried about it because on the website, it says that it takes 3-6 weeks to ship and your card isn't charged until the order ships.  I was positive that I would be able to call and fix it during the business hours on the website. I waited until 7:59am the next morning and called the number back because I had woken up to a call from my bank stating that my bank account was OVERDRAWN!!!!! I called and the woman on the phone "Ally" said that my order was already "on the truck" and that there was nothing she could do.  She told me that I would have to wait until I received it, take it to the post office and ship it back with the money from my own pocket and THEN they would refund me the money.  I asked why it shipped in 11 hours instead of 3-6 weeks.  She couldn't answer that. I also I asked HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN!? She couldn't answer that either. I asked why there was no confirmation page for my total? She said well ma'am it's a "live order." Well, thanks Ally! That makes all the sense in the world! It's easier to manipulate customer orders and then give them no option to change it. When Then I asked for a supervisor and she told me that they were going to tell me the same thing. I told her I didn't care and then she told me well we can't transfer calls. So I started arguing with her because really, who has $111.70 to spend on tupperware? I then said that I really needed to speak with someone else and she said "Well, I'm going to tell you for the 5th time, there is no one else you can talk to!" I said didn't you just tell me that a supervisor would tell me exactly what you're telling me? and she told me "No, I never said that. You can call back when you get the package. Have a nice day." *Click*  I am reading the other complaints and I see that obviously this happens to every customer. Is there really even a $19.95 deal?