Complaint Review: Mr. Move - Metarie, LA

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: Sweethoney — Baton Rouge Louisiana U.S.A.
Mr. Move - Metarie, LA
3724 Airline Drive Metairie, Louisiana United States of America

Mr. Move - Metarie, LA Will just lie to get your business and when it is over your pockets have been cleaned Metairie, Louisiana

This company is the biggest rip-off out there. First they tell you it is only going to take around 2 hours to move a 1 bedroom. Which is a total lie? I was moving to a storage unit and they told me at first that I would have to pay cash, which was okay, but I asked since there was a mandatory $98.00 setup up fee a 1 hr. min. So I asked if I could pay the minimum on my credit card and the girl told that would be okay and took my credit card information and confirmed that we were good. Which of course, in then stopped my search for any other companies? On the day of the move the movers gave me the contract which should the $98.00 setup fee and the $98.00 per hour. During the move I noticed that this was taking longer than what was estimated by the office and the movers told me that the people in the office often lie and tell the clients that it will only take a couple of hours when they know it will take longer. This is a tactic that they use to get their clients locked in, because now your stuff in on their truck and it will cost you more money to have it taken off and find someone else to move you and you are already locked into the $200.00 mandatory and the time they utilized passed the estimate. When I called into the company the woman to confirm that it was going over the time, she then tells me that my credit card was denied and that I would have to pay the entire amount in cash. I told her that there was no way that the card was declined and that I would call the company. When speaking with the representative, he stated that Mr. Move never made a charge request and that there was no decline on my credit card from their company. I then called Mr. Move back and spoke with the same person and stated that my credit card company stated they never received a request and that there was no decline on my card and that in fact I had a large amount of credit available on my card. The girl continued to lie and kept stating you have to pay in cash. At that point, the scam became apparent, in order to keep me from going to another they misrepresented themselves by taking credit card information to make it appear that they were going to work with me when then had no intentions of allowing me to use my credit card. In fact I had the movers take me over to the company (before going to the storage). to address this issue and he stated that they never take a credit card for moves to storage units because they are afraid that they will not receive payment. I told him that if that is the policy, I can understand but why did his employee tell me that they would and even take my credit card information and tell me that my card was declined and even when I called her asked me if I had another credit card or debit card to use. This tactic is used just to get the job and remove my options. We got into a verbal altercation because I told him that they were engaging in misrepresentation and fraud and his response is you signed the contract. Yes, the contract was signed based on false information provided by your staff and that they were a dishonest company and I went off an he stated that when he was done with me that I would be paying him over $1,200 and even told his drivers to take the longest way back to the storage facility and take their time. When we got to the storage unit, I was then told that I had to pay a off load fee right then and there), before they began taking my property off the truck (in addition there is nothing in the contract where you signed stating that you have to pay a estimated off load fee that covers the entire move before your property is removed from the trucks). I stated to her that in our discussion, she never stated that I would have to pay an estimated balance before they began taking my property off the truck and that whatever time they did not use, monies will then be returned to me. At this point it became very obvious that they used this stale tactic to add more time to the clock and also, they are hoping that with this last obstacle, that the customer does not have this enormous amount of monies on hand. At that point the job was not over and I did not have that amount of cash on me and they threatened to take my property and that I would have to pay them more money (storage fees and additional monies - $200.00 mandatory and the additional fee to move my items again). That is where that statement that came from the owner/manager made a light bulb come on. I was able to get the money and the main ploy was to hope that I did not have the money and this company would have been able to rip me off to the tune of $1,000.00. DO NOT EVER USE THEM THEY WILL LIE TO YOU FROM THE BEGINNING THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND CLEAN NOUT YOUR POCKET. THEY HAVE NOT HEARD THE LAST OF ME.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 01:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Move-Metarie-LA/Metairie-Louisiana-70001/Mr-Move-Metarie-LA-Will-just-lie-to-get-your-business-and-when-it-is-over-your-pocket-977349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Move - Metarie, LA