Complaint Review: Mr. Payroll - Cash America - Payday Advance - Cashland

• Submitted: Sun, October 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:Lawton Oklahoma
Mr. Payroll - Cash America - Payday Advance - Cashland
1312 Nw Sheridan Road, Lawton Oklahoma 73505 Nationwide U.S.A.

Mr. Payroll - Cash America - Payday Advance - Cashland Cashes Check and steals your money!!! Lawton Oklahoma

I received my 401k check from a former company I use to work with. It was already losing money because of the stock market and the lovely government already taken 20% of my money for federal taxes and state taxes. So I was left with only $3154.98 of my original $4206.22. It was Saturday and I needed the money couldn't wait for the bank to hold my check until Monday for it to clear.

So I was referred to Mr. Payroll to cash my check. It says 1% check cashing all over the place. So, a young woman grilled me for information on the check. Wanting to verify everything. I showed proof of authenticity and I was who I said I was. Then she proceed to cash the check asked my to sign and everything. She never at once mentioned how much the fee would be to cash it or my permission to do so.

She used the calculator for several minutes to figure percentages and then she counted out $2839.48 to me. I was disturbed to find out it was more than 1% as advertised. And I asked her how much was the fee to cash it. She said 10%. I asked why she said the computer automatically calculates how much to charge on this check. And she called it an insurance check.

This happened on Saturday October 25, 2008 at 4:30pm, 30 minutes until she closes. I asked if I could cancel the transaction she said no. I asked for a receipt she said there was no receipt. I tried calling a corporate number there an answering machine and I left a message, but no response. I have been ripped of my some child that had the nerve to just tell me sorry there's nothing she can do.

Fairplay
Lawton, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2008 11:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Payroll-Cash-America-Payday-Advance-Cashland/nationwide/Mr-Payroll-Cash-America-Payday-Advance-Cashland-Cashes-Check-and-steals-your-money-385102. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Payroll - Cash America - Payday Advance - Cashland