Complaint Review: Mr Rooter Plumbing & Georgia Waste Management

• Updated: Wed, July 18, 2012

• Reported By: Davidt — Locust Grove Georgia United States of America
Mr Rooter Plumbing & Georgia Waste Management
P.O. Box 2049, Roswell, GA. Roswell, Georgia United States of America

Mr Rooter Plumbing & Georgia Waste Management Bait & Switch Septic Cleaning Roswell, Georgia

Our septic system backed up; we looked through the yellow pages and found a listing for Mr Rooter Plumbing and Georgia Waste Mgmt. out of Roswell, GA. They said they could be at our house that afternoon and that the cost would be $195 to pump the tank. No mention was made of the fact that is was quite possible, or even likely, that there could be additional costs.

By the time they arrived, I had gone to work so they had to deal with my wife. Shortlly after they started digging in the yard, they began discovering all these additional problems that would add to the costs; the tank was filled to the top, there was excessive sludge, the drain pipe was stopped up, and a new filter was needed. This so called additional work and the price of the filter drove the price up to $884.50.

Since I was at work, I couldn't really take time to talk with these people and we were in sort of a panic mode after raw sewage had backed up into our commodes & tubs, so I agreed, painfully, to let them do the work. It took them about 3 1/2 hours and when they left, they left our deck and our driveway covered in red mud.
To my knowledge, they did the work they said they did, they just managed to inflate the bill much higher than what they advertise. To me, it was a classic case of bait & switch; they knew we were vulnerable because of what was involved and they took advantage of the situation. I urge people in our situation to take a deep breath, step back, and take your time when looking for someone to do your plumbing work. Ask about the possibility of additional charges, what those charges are and how much a company's average bill is for the work they do.
I highly recommend you DON'T call Mr. Rooter Plumbing & Georgia Waste Mgmt. under any circumstances.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2012 09:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing-Georgia-Waste-Management/Roswell-Georgia-30077/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing-Georgia-Waste-Management-Bait-Switch-Septic-Cleaning-Roswell-Geor-913808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr Rooter Plumbing & Georgia Waste Management