Complaint Review: Mr. Rooter Plumbing

• Updated: Fri, September 20, 2013

• Reported By: Jam — Illinois
Mr. Rooter Plumbing
1207 Remington Rd Schaumburg, Illinois USA

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Unauthorized charges for services undelivered Schaumburg Illinois

My wife called them up to set up an appointment for a free estimate that they offer to any customer, to fix a leak in our townhome. These folks asked my wife for a credit card number and said that they only need it if repairs are done. They sent in a technician to take a look at the leak on the kitchen ceiling coming from the bathroom upstairs. Initial inspection did not reveal anything upon which he asked me for permission to cut a 2x2 hole in the kitchen ceiling and I gave him the permission. Later he calls back and says 'Yes, the leak is coming from the bathroom upstairs' and a few days later sends me an estimate to fix the tile floor in the bathroom upstairs and to patch up the ceiling. This estimate was way out of the ball park. I declined and looked for a second opinion. A few weeks later I get the credit card bill and there is a charge for $297.20 for cutting a hole in the ceiling. It was supposed to be a free estimate but these guys want me to pay $300 for cutting a hole in the ceiling.

I filed a dispute through my credit card company and now these guys want to settle for $95.20 with the reason being that's what they charge for cutting open aa hole. I gave them a counter offer of $50.00 for the hole but they are not taking it. I can cut a hole for $10. I only wish I had done a bit of investigation on them by calling up BBB of Illinois because they told me that these guys were rated an 'F'.

So folks, don't ever do business with these guys. Beware...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2013 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing/Schaumburg-Illinois-60173/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing-Unauthorized-charges-for-services-undelivered-Schaumburg-Illinois-1086002. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Rooter Plumbing