Complaint Review: Mr. Rooter Plumbing

• Submitted: Fri, May 29, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 16, 2010

• Reported By:Winston Salem North Carolina
Mr. Rooter Plumbing
PO Box 30069 Winston Salem, North Carolina U.S.A.

Mr. Rooter Plumbing Mr Rooter won't stop EARLY HOUR solicitations! Harassment. Winston Salem North Carolina

*Author of original report: YES Mr Rooter, they were from you.

*UPDATE Employee: Calls not from Mr. Rooter

Mr Rooter opens their phones to the general public at 9:30 AM. If you have an emergency before that time, too bad. If your a customer and you call before that time you get a message asking you to call back during business hours, HOWEVER, Mr Rooter doesn't mind calling us plumbers almost EVERY month at 6:00AM and 7:00AM for solicitation purposes!!!! Funny, they can't be reached before 9:30, yet they are on the phone waking the rest of us up long before that time.
Mr Rooter needs to learn that not all plumbers are new construction plumbers that rise at the crack of dawn to rough in apartments. SOME of us are service plumbers. Sleeping late is one of those little perks of self employment. I may be up one morning at 6:00AM, and I may sleep late the next day. Its my business and my choice. Some of us enjoy the perk of sleeping late, especially on days when nothing is planned, or not planned early on.
I have asked them for YEARS to stop calling. They have been harassing me for over 10 years now. I am NOT interested in selling out a very profitable family owned service business to some pushy corporate solicitors.
Mr Rooter: How many times do we have to ask to be removed from the calling list before you honor our requests??? How many times do we need hear "Your name is now removed"?
They even had the gall to call me on vacation in Florida at 6:30AM on my cellphone only DAYS after my last request to stop the calls. I had been out late the night before; I didn't need that call at 6:30 AM waking me up!
ACTIONS:
I would like to strongly recommend that if you are a plumber and Mr. Rooter has been harassing you that you take a few seconds and register here and file a complaint. It only takes a few seconds, and you don't have to use your real name.
I'd also like to encourage all other plumbers to start IMMEDIATELY keeping a journal with dates and times of their calls. If you receive enough calls you can cash in on their harassment. I sure plan to. Effective 2 calls ago. At their current rate I should be able to seek legal action/compensation in less than 2 months.

Onepissedoffplumber
Winston Salem, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/29/2009 09:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing/Winston-Salem-North-Carolina-27102/Mr-Rooter-Plumbing-Mr-Rooter-wont-stop-EARLY-HOUR-solicitations-Harassment-Winston-Sal-456758. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Rooter Plumbing

YES Mr Rooter, they were from you.

AUTHOR: Onepissedoffplumber - (U.S.A.)

Typical response of a corporate franchise business.

1) No where in my statement did I say 5:00AM. The earliest mention was 6:00AM.

2) Yes you did call me, have called me, and continue to call me. You called me just a couple months ago actually.

3) It took you a full year to reply??? Let's hope your not that slow to your customers.

On a positive note, Since this first letter, I haven't had any early morning calls, and the calls have drastically reduced. They have reduced to a point in which they aren't an issue anymore. But to deny completely is just irresponsible and wrong.

Calls not from Mr. Rooter

AUTHOR: Mr.RooterCorp. - (United States of America)

The call you received was not from Mr. Rooter. Contracts for that particular franchise territory were signed on 5-15-06, which was when our office stopped any calls in that area. Additionally, our offices are located in the central time zone, and therefore do not have associates in the office at 5 a.m.

Were sorry to hear of your experience. Please know those calls did not come from Mr. Rooter.