Complaint Review: Mr. Small Jobs

• Updated: Fri, October 12, 2012

• Reported By: hanjes — Charlotte North Carolina United States of America
Mr. Small Jobs

Mr. Small Jobs Scott Compton Worst Ever! Internet

I don't remember how I find out about this company in May 2011 but I wish I went with someone else.  I just found out tonight that the screen door that Scott (owner? of the company) installed doesn't lock from inside because the lock apparatus does not line up!  First of all, Scott is the rudest person I've ever met.  He just barges into our house after he knocks on the door and he stopped doing that after I told my husband about it and my husband complained to him.  We had a few things done, including fixing the backyard fence and putting up the screen door.  He would do one thing, leave it unfinished, come back at least a week later, do another unfinished job, and so on and so forth.  His excuse is the rain or something else.  I didn't feel comfortable paying him the balance knowing that he wasn't finished with the job but my husband wrote him a check while I was at work.  I would call Scott to remind him of his unfinished work, not everyday or every hour though.  This apparently irritated him and got my husband to side with him on this.  I'm normally a laid back person but if someone doesn't finish his job, I'm not comfortable paying him the balance.  And now I just found out that I can't lock the d**n screen door to the back porch because he did not do it right!  I will never, ever recommend this guy to anybody.  Thank God he just did some minor work for us.  So sorry to hear about other people's bad experiences.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/12/2012 04:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Small-Jobs/internet/Mr-Small-Jobs-Scott-Compton-Worst-Ever-Internet-954261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Small Jobs