Complaint Review: Mr. Tire Auto Center #677

• Updated: Sat, January 25, 2014

• Reported By: veda — terre hill Pennsylvania
Mr. Tire Auto Center #677
884 East Main Street Ephrata, Pennsylvania USA

Mr. Tire Auto Center #677 TRIED SCAMMING $442.00 FOR REPAIRS NOT NEEDED ON MY CAR TO PASS INSPECTION!!! Ephrata Pennsylvania

I took my car for an oil change, tire rotation and new wipers and fluid check/refill. I just needed basics done and you dont really need an appointment. They have done the basics on the same car before. My inspection was due at the end of the month so i decided to have Mr. Tire do the inspection also with all the snow i just wanted it done. 15min later the manager Daniel Deturck tells me the car passes emissions but, not state that to pass control arm bushings, sway bar links, wheel alignment needed repaired to pass totalling $442.91. I might be a female but, little did they know i grew up in a transmission shop learning the trade and then went to CTC for Diesel mechanics. I immediately knew they were trying to scam me and told them i will have another mechanic look at it. I paid my bill of $96.81 and left knowing these guys really tried to rip me off and basically did because now i have to pay for another inspection. [continued below]....

..... 2 days later i took me car to a very reliable auto shop that i have used multiple times with my other car when it came to major repairs. Great, work, good prices! I showed him the paper that Daniel Deturck gave me with repairs and asked him to check it out and let me know what i needed done and prices so my car can pass state inspection.

He later called me and told me EVERYTHING was OK  that nothing was wrong and doesnt understand what Mr. Tire mechanic JONATHAN A GREISS said needed replaced that  the only thing i needed done was the clamp for the battery. he told me the price I gave him the ok to replace it, then called me back and said the clamp was there but, the battery was the wrong size. I gave him the ok to replace the battery. Otherwise, my car passed inspection and i later picked it up and asked him if Mr. Tire really did the oil change. We went out and checked it together which the so called mechanic JONATHAN A GREISS did change it but, overfilled the oil about a quart and never filled my fluids that i requested.

My advice NEVER take your car to MR. TIRE they will try and rip you off for repairs not needed and charge you for repairs they did not do.

I called the store back as soon as i got back from picking my car up ticked off about the dishonesty and how they put peoples lives at risk. Another manager at Mr. Tire told me maybe the place i took my car just slapped a sticker on my car. I wasnt to surprised they said that and know they will not admit their fault. IDIOTS!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2014 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Tire-Auto-Center-677/Ephrata-Pennsylvania-17522/Mr-Tire-Auto-Center-677-TRIED-SCAMMING-44200-FOR-REPAIRS-NOT-NEEDED-ON-MY-CAR-TO-PASS-1118443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Tire Auto Center #677