Complaint Review: Mr. Tire

• Reported By: Gary — 21784 Maryland
Mr. Tire
1838 Liberty Road Eldersburg, Maryland USA

Mr. Tire Tony Derrenberger Damage to vehicle and tires Eldersburg Maryland

I bought 4 tires from Tirerack.com and had them delivered to my house.I have a 2011 Honda civic that I put factory steel rims on awhile back but now I wanted the factory painted aluminum rims re-installed and the steel wheels would be put back in storage.

I took the car to Mr. Tire in Eldersburg, MD to have the 4 tires installed on the aluminum rims, the TPMS modules switched over and a 4 wheel alignment done. Total price was about $220 after tax. I was promised my car at 5pm.

At 6pm, I went there to pick the car up, it was not ready. I paid the bill anbd brought a 20% off alignment coupon. The alignment was $94 so I should have gotten $18.88 but when the service manager Chuck rang me up, my price was $241.00 after coupon. Turns out they padded the price with a bunch of other stuff hoping I wouldnt notice.

I refused to pay for it and I got my discount. AFter I got that first problem straightened out I pulled my car out of the spot to notice a loud banging coming from the front end wheels. The banging was so bad that even at 1 mile per hour it was noticeable. I stopped and inspected my tires and I noticed a 1-2" screw with a large head hanging out of my brand new tire.

I went back inside and complained. They pulled the vehicle back inside and patched the tire and balanced it again!. I told the manager I wanted the tire replaced because they tires didn't even have 100ft on them and I didn't like the fact they were already patched|. He took my info, the tire size, the brand and everything he needed and told me he would order it on Monday'.

I called Monday to check the status of the tire order and he was already gone for the day?. So I called Tuesday and spoke to the General Manager Tony Derrenberger and he told me they would not replace the tire and the patch was good enough|.

I am pissed that my brand new tire has a patch already due to their incompetence;.They promised me another tire and now are not going to own up to their promises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Tire/Eldersburg-Maryland-21784/Mr-Tire-Tony-Derrenberger-Damage-to-vehicle-and-tires-Eldersburg-Maryland-1065501. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Tire