Complaint Review: Mr. Tire

• Reported By: smarish — Fairfax Virginia United States of America
Mr. Tire
2728 Dorr Ave. Fairfax, Virginia United States of America

Mr. Tire Overcharged for simple maintenances Fairfax, Virginia

I purchased a coupon for $13 for an oil change and tire rotation from Mr.Tire and also added a state inspection . During the inspection they discovered a loose ball joint and offered to replace both front ball joints for $982 ($200 each for parts and $290 each for labor), which I think was outrageous. They added a wheel alignment for $94.99 and a valve-flush? for $129.99.They also said my wipers needed to be replaced because they were too dry. I had replaced the wipers about 5 months ago. They would have charged me $35.99 ($22.99 each and $13.00 labor) for each wiper replacement. All total, they wanted to charge me $1245.95, and all I wanted was an oil change and a state inspection. So they failed me on the inspection, and I went to another garage and had the ball joint replaced for $220. This is one place I will certainly NEVER go again! Finally, I wanted to mention it took them over an hour to do the oil change and inspection. The mechanics moved like they were lethargic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2011 02:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Tire/Fairfax-Virginia-22031/Mr-Tire-Overcharged-for-simple-maintenances-Fairfax-Virginia-755775. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Tire