Complaint Review: Mr. Transmission (Baxter Avenue location)

• Submitted: Sat, March 19, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, January 21, 2012

• Reported By: tellthetruth — louisville Kentucky United States of America
Mr. Transmission (Baxter Avenue location)
800 Baxter Avenue louisville, Kentucky United States of America

Mr. Transmission (Baxter Avenue location) Shady Transmission Repair work. louisville, Kentucky

*Author of original report: Thanks!

*Consumer Suggestion: Good Luck, Hope You Win!

*Consumer Comment: I SUED THEM!!!

*Consumer Suggestion: What kindof car we talkin about?

*Consumer Suggestion: Never Ever Go To Mr Transmissiion

I took my car to Mr. Transmission in January of 2011 due to a transmission leak. I took it to the location in Clarksville, Indiana (which is owned by the same owner of the 800 Baxter Avenue location) in Louisville, Kentucky. After explaining my problem to the manager, I was told that it was going to cost 2000.20 for repairs and that the whole transmission would have to be rebuilt. Two days later, I paid the amount and wnet to pick up my car. To my surprise, after driving it home, I noticed that the transmission was smoking, it was loud, it failed to go into the proper gear and it kept slipping. Since this was a weekend, I was stuck with this issue and not able to drive my car out of town in fear of it breaking down on the highway.

I called the manager, explained the problem and was told to bring it back. I did, and after picking it up they claimed it was a wheel axel...After driving it another day, I noticed the transmission still had the SAME problems. I called the manager and was told to bring it in again. This time I was told to ride with the gentleman who fixed the transmission, to my surprise it tried to make me think nothing was wrong with the car. I was told to get new tires and that a oil leak was the cuse of the car smoking. I explained that it still has a problem with the transmission. I was told by the manager to give it a few more days. I did, and guess what? The transmission problems got worse.

I called again to the owner located at Mr. Transmission on Baxter Avenue in Louisville, Kentucky, since he ownes both shops. I explained to him my complaint and was told to bring it to the Baxter Avenue location. After agreeing, I was told that it had a sensor problem. After picking the car up again, it still has the SAME transmission problems. I called to complain and the manager was unprofessional, rude, hateful, arguementative and spoke to me in a dehumanizing manner. This was enough and I decided that I needed to file a complaint with the BBB and Attorney General's Office. No positive results!!!!

The transmission is still under warranty and it is still horrible. They have blamed the transmission issue on everything else. They have FAILED four times to fix my transmission and still wants me to bring it back again!!!! No way....It's time to SUE!!!! I'm fed up!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2011 07:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Transmission-Baxter-Avenue-location/louisville-Kentucky-40202/Mr-Transmission-Baxter-Avenue-location-Shady-Transmission-Repair-work-louisville-Ke-708242. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Transmission (Baxter Avenue location)

Thanks!

AUTHOR: tellthetruth - (United States of America)

Thanks for the encouragement. I will keep you posted concerning the court outcome. Mr. Transmission is a complete joke. I learned the hard way. I also wanted to say that when I complained to the BBB they did nothing. Contacting the BBB is a waste of your time. Instead I contacted the Attorney General Office, and guess what? They took immediate action towards Mr. Transmission. I was contacted within three days of mailing my complaint. As for my transmission, I'm not going to touch it anymore until I win by judgement from Mr. Transmission, then I will have it fixed. To everyone who may be reading my complaint, please take the time to sit down and contact your state Attorney General's Office. They are there to help consumers. The BBB will waste your time, then they will close the case. In case many of you didn't know, the BBB has a bad reputation with consumers. Google "BBB Lawsuits" and you will see what consumers are saying about the BBB. I also hope many of you will take the time to file a lawsuit against Mr. Transmission. Take them to small claims court. It doesn't cost much and the court date will be quick and simple. Don't ever let another business get over on you again. Don't ever let another business take your hard earned cash. Don't ever let your complaints go unresolved. Fight! Fight! Fight!!!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Good Luck, Hope You Win!

AUTHOR: Cat - (USA)

Good luck on your Court Date coming up. Please update the report because I will be hoping and praying that you win. Did  you have it repaired anywhere else? If so, how is your car  now? I will NEVER use Mr. Transmission. Once we went to a small privately owned shop, we never had anymore trouble with our transmission! Mr. Transmission takes as much money as they can possibly take and leave you with a mess to repair! Avoid them altogether, just DRIVE  BY them! lol

I SUED THEM!!!

AUTHOR: madcustomer2011 - (USA)

I finally took the time to SUE Mr. Transmission in smalls claims court. My court date is upcoming. I look forward to presenting my case before the judge over the unethical, shoddy, negligent and false advertisement practices of Mr. Transmission in Clarksville, Indiana. Hey people, take the time to SUE!!!!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

What kindof car we talkin about?

AUTHOR: mr. rik - (United States of America)

Telltruth, what kindof vehicle was it?

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Never Ever Go To Mr Transmissiion

AUTHOR: Cat - (USA)

My  husband  thought that since they were a "chain" it would be a safer bet going to them. Not so! We   had nothing but the exact same   problems. Had to have two new transmissions  put in our new Rodeo before our original warranty ran out. I grew to absolutely   hate the soound of a sliping transmission because it always went out about  ten minutes later. There was never enough warning because I drove in the SUV for my job every day and got stranded every time. We got the same type of service  in Nashville and when we   had it happen with another car wth a lot of miles we decided to go to a   privately owned business and did not have a simgle issue with our transmission after their inital repair.

So, I would NEVER reccommend Mr Transmisssion, they have a  poor tract record and the risk is too high. Get a few  names  of privately owned transmission usinesses and then do a  internet search on any complaints and if they have any take the time to read what they are. Weed them out that way. Talk to friends and see who theyve  used.

Good luck!