receives

• Updated: Tue, July 26, 2011

• Reported By: 4wDriver — lawrenceville Georgia United States of America
Mr. Transmission Duluth, GA
3560 Suite B Buford Highway Duluth Ga 30096 Internet United States of America

Mr. Transmission Duluth, Georgia Alan Polson ,owner, Professional con-artists that will lie, manipulate, and deceive you just to steal your money. His business was caught on camera scamming a perfectly well maintained car on a local new channel in Feb. Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: It's picture hanging on the wall time!

*Consumer Comment: Master Mechanic Jim here,Yes, I worked for Mr. Trabsmision for ONE DAY, when I learned they do NOT know how to diagnose transmissions, only OVERHAUL, I left

My husband's truck was jerking a bit, so my husband took his Ford truck to Mr. Transmission in Duluth, Ga. to see if he might be having any transmission problems. The manager. John, told him that he would inspect his vehicle for free and tell him what the issue was after internal inspection. The next day my husband stopped by . They said the transmission was fine but it was actually an issue with the wheel. They said it would cost $ 496 for the labor and an estimated price of $200 for the part he needed. My husband agreed. He payed the $496 for the labor and left. The next day, Alan Polson told my husband the part was actually going to be $1,300. My husband stated that was ridiculous  (since his estimate was $1,100 off....big difference!!). I can understand a few hundred dollars difference but $1,100!!!!

My husband said that he would just take his truck to another place where he knew the mechanics gave fair pricing . Alan said that was fine. However, that he would have to pay an additional fee of $200  (on top of the $496 already paid ) for having to reassemble the truck back since he wasn't going to make any money off a part.

My husband refused to pay the extra $200 since he had already been scammed into paying $496 for labor.  Alan then hesitated and said he would see if he could find a cheaper price for the part. My husband left and then came back the next day since Alan never called us with a new quote. My husband demanded that the money he already paid needed to be given back to him since technically Mr. transmission did no labor or repair to his  truck.  Alan refused and still demanded my husband to pay an additional $200 for reassembly.

** Please note that  every time my husband talked to Alan Polson, that he was irate, very unprofessional, and patronized my husband no matter how calm my husband was.**

My husband then proceeded to call Gwinnett Police. The operator made a comment to my husband : "another call on Alan." In addition, the police officer who came, was very familiar with Alan Polson and his endless complaints. As well as ,his recent televised report on a local news channel , in February. showing Alan Polson and Mr. transmission scamming customers.  This alone should tell you to stay away!!!

As soon as the police officer came, Alan's demeanor suddenly changed, and he tried to appear as if he was cordial the whole time to my husband. Unfortunately, the officer stated that my husband would have to pay for the $496, but nothing else, and that Alan would have to give us the truck reassembled . The police officer hinted to my husband that he needed to file a legal complaint against Mr. Transmission and Alan Polson if we wanted our money back and wanted legal justice. Alan stated that he would refund the money he already had been paid  back into my husband's account and that he wanted my husband to pay the $496 in cash instead.

Do not take your vehicle to Mr. Transmission in Duluth, Buford, or Chamblee. Alan Polson owns all 3 locations!! Once you get your car into his grubby hands he will steal your money and trap you into a similar situation.  Leaving you with a car in the same, or even worse condition and your wallet cleaned out. He has 32 Gwinnett County Cases against him since 2007 with more in the works  I am sure. Here is the link to where is was caught on tape in Feb2011:  http://www.wsbtv.com/news/26953359/detail.html

His business states on his Duluth location's web page: " We believe that doing an honest job for people is just good business." He doesn't even know about ethnical or moral integrity let alone honestly. He know how to  "honestly" steal your money!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/26/2011 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Mr-Transmission-Duluth-GA/internet/Mr-Transmission-Duluth-Georgia-Alan-Polson-owner-Professional-con-artists-that-will-li-756590. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Mr. Transmission Duluth, GA

It's picture hanging on the wall time!

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Here's what I'm not getting. If y'all already knew other trustworthy mechanics who gave decent pricing, WHY did y'all go to Mr Polson in the first place?

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I DO lnow how to diagnose transmissions, they don't, when I found this out I QUIT.
It took one day to realise they were scammers.